|Jessa Seewald Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||November 4, 1992|
Jessa Seewald is an American author and TV personality best known as part of TLC reality-TV shows 19 Kids and Counting between September 2008 and May 2015 and Counting On starting in 2015. Both shows featured her large family of devout Baptists that lived a lifestyle according to their religion. Jessa and her sisters Jana, Jill, and Jinger also wrote a book together, Growing Up Duggar: It’s All About Relationships and released it in 2014.
Jessa Lauren Duggar
Tontitown, Arkansas, United States
Like all of her siblings, she was homeschooled.
TV Personality, Author
- Father – James Robert “Jim Bob” Duggar
- Mother – Michelle Annette Duggar (née Ruark)
- Siblings – Joshua Duggar (Older Brother) (TV Personality), Jana Duggar (Older Sister), John-David Duggar (Older Brother), Jill Duggar Dillard (Older Sister), Joy-Anna Forsyth (Younger Sister) (TV Personality, Actress), Jinger Duggar (Younger Sister), Joseph Duggar (Younger Brother), Josiah Duggar (Younger Brother), Jedidiah Duggar (Younger Brother), Jeremiah Duggar (Younger Brother), Jason Duggar (Younger Brother), James Andrew Duggar (Younger Brother), Justin Duggar (Younger Brother), Jackson Duggar (Younger Brother), Johannah Faith Duggar (Younger Sister), Jennifer Duggar (Younger Sister), Jordyn-Grace Makiya Duggar (Younger Sister), Josie Brooklyn Duggar (Younger Sister)
- Others – Gideon Martyn Forsyth (Nephew), Mary Duggar (Grandmother), Mackynzie Renee (Niece), Meredith Grace (Niece), Michael James (Nephew), Marcus Anthony (Nephew), Mason Garrett (Nephew), Israel David Dillard (Nephew), Samuel Scott Dillard (Nephew), Felicity Nicole Vuolo (Niece), Jeremy Vuolo (Brother-in-Law), Austin Forsyth (Brother-in-Law), Kendra Caldwell (Sister-in-Law), Lauren Swanson (Sister-in-Law), Abbie Burnett (Sister-in-Law)
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
56 kg or 123.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Jessa Seewald has dated –
- Benjamin “Ben” Michael Seewald (2013-Present) – They began courting in accordance with their Baptist beliefs in September 2013 and got engaged 11 months later. On November 4, 2014, the pair got married. They have 2 sons named Spurgeon Elliot (b. November 5, 2015) and Henry Wilberforce (b. February 6, 2017). On May 26, 2019, they welcomed their 3rd child, a daughter named Ivy Jane, at an unexpected place – their family couch. Their 4th child, a baby girl named Fern Elliana was born in July 2021. In February 2023, Jessa revealed that she suffered a miscarriage in the past and later underwent a life-saving abortion procedure.
Race / Ethnicity
Jessa Seewald Favorite Things
- Bible Verse – Acts 4:13
- Bible Character – Paul
- Song – Come Thou Fount
- Food – Fajitas, Fresh Salsa, Guacamole, White Queso, Pickles
- Past-Time Activity – Working Out
- Family Trip – Her Europe Honeymoon
- Quote – “Faith is not believing that God will do this or that. It’s believing that whatever He does is right and good – and resting and trusting that.”
Source – DuggarFamily.com
Jessa Seewald Facts
- She is the 5th child of her parents and the 3rd daughter.
- Her parents deliberately gave her and all of her siblings with a name that starts with “J”.
- She is her family’s barber.
- Jessa had the longest courtship out of all of her siblings.
- Her parents have a guardianship of Tyler Hutchins, who was born on February 10, 2008, which means they technically have 20 kids. Tyler’s mom is her mom’s niece, Rachel Hutchins.
- Jessa was the heaviest baby among all of her siblings at birth.
- In May 2015, 19 Kids and Counting stopped airing because of s*xual abuse allegations against her oldest brother, Josh Duggar. Jessa identified herself as one of the victims but stated that the fondling happened while she was sleeping and fully clothed and that it was blown way out of proportions.
- Jessa and her husband found inspiration for their children’s names in historical figures such as William Wilberforce, Lady Jane Grey, Matthew Henry, Charles Spurgeon, and Jim Elliot, a missionary that was killed in 1956.
- In the early days of her marriage, Jessa expressed her desire to adopt kids.
- All of her 3 kids inherited Ben’s blue eye color and none her green eyes.
- When she and Ben got married, Ben forgot to bring the ring. Her dad went to fetch it and replaced it with a common keyring as a prank instead.
Featured Image by Jessa Seewald / Instagram