|Jessie Wallace Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||September 25, 1971|
Jessie Wallace is an English actor, stage actor, and voice artist who is best known for playing the role of Kat Slater in the television soap opera EastEnders. In addition to that, she has also been cast in many other shows and movies which include the likes of A Class Apart, The Bill, Miss Marie Lloyd, The Dinner Party, Wild at Heart, The Road to Coronation Street, Strictly Come Dancing, Kat & Alfie: Redwater, Amoc, The Apprentice UK, Children in Need, Redwater, French and Saunders, So Graham Norton, V Graham Norton, Friday Night with Jonathan Ross, The Friday Night Project, Angela and Friends, The F Word, Richard & Judy, The Paul O’Grady Show, Strictly Come Dancing: It Takes Two, Cash in the Celebrity Attic, Loose Women, The One Show, Chris Moyles Quiz Night, MasterChef USA, The Late Late Show, Lip Sync Battle UK, Weekend, Lorraine, Harry Hill’s Tea Time, This Morning, and EastEnders: Secrets from the Square.
Karen Jane Wallace
Enfield, North London, England, United Kingdom
Actor, Stage Actor, Voice Artist
- Father – James Wallace (Telecommunications Engineer)
- Mother – Annette (née Leach) (Secretary)
- Siblings – She has a sister.
- Others – Jonathan (Cousin)
Jessie Wallace has been repped by Qtalent Ltd., Talent Agency, London, England, United Kingdom.
5 ft 2 in or 157.5 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Jessie Wallace has dated –
- Paul Whitworth– She dated Majorca-based ex-criminal Paul Whitworth for around 3 years.
- Andy Burton
- Gary Beadle – Jessie Wallace was romantically involved with actor Gary Beadle in the past. They have both been cast on the BBC soap opera EastEnders.
- Dave Morgan – She started going out with a policeman named Dave Morgan and they moved in together when Wallace confirmed that she was pregnant. On November 2, 2004, she gave birth to their daughter named Tallulah Lilac. However, the relationship ended after some time and Wallace’s lawyers placed a gag order on Morgan.
Race / Ethnicity
Jessie Wallace is of Irish descent.
Jessie Wallace Favorite Things
- Male Actor – Jack Lemmon
- Female Actor – Anna Magnani
- Some Of Her Favourite Films – Rebel Without a Cause (1955), The Rose Tattoo (1955), Some Like It Hot (1959), Kes (1969), Ryan’s Daughter (1970), E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial (1982), Wish You Were Here (1987), and Cinderella (2015)
Source – IMDb
Jessie Wallace Facts
- She was 3 years old when her parents divorced and Jessie and her sister were raised by their father. The sisters got to see their mother at weekends.
- Her stage name “Jessie Wallace” has been inspired by the name of her later grandmother.
- She made her first TV show appearance by playing the role of P.C. Karen Lace in an episode titled A Night to Forget of the ITV police procedural series The Bill in December 1999.
- In 2000, Jessie Wallace started appearing as Kat Slater in the BBC One soap opera EastEnders. For this role, she has won many accolades including the British Soap Awards for “Best Newcomer” and “S*xiest Female”, National Television Award for “Most Popular Newcomer”, Inside Soap Award for “Best Newcomer” and “S*xiest Female”, All About Soap Bubble Award for “Best Actress”, TRIC Award for “TV Soap Personality”, and others.
- She participated in the 6th edition of the dance competition show Strictly Come Dancing in 2008.
- She portrayed the character of Pat Phoenix in the 2010 television drama film The Road to Coronation Street.
- Along with Ebony O’Toole-Acheampong, Susan Ateh, Angeline Ball, Peter Campion, Maria Doyle Kennedy, Fionnula Flanagan, Stephen Hogan, Ian McElhinney, Shane Richie, Oisín Stack, Ian Toner, Stanley Townsend, Jessie Wallace co-starred as Kathleen Moon in the neo-noir television drama series Kat & Alfie: Redwater in 2017.
- She was arrested in June 2022 after she assaulted a police officer outside a nightclub in Bury St Edmunds.
Featured Image by Meena / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 4.0