|Joel David Moore Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||September 25, 1977|
Joel David Moore is an American actor and director who is known for his acting in Avatar (2009), Grandma’s Boy (2006), and Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story (2004). His tall and gaunt build has seen him play several characters that were somewhat eccentric. In an episode of Bones, his character Dr. Fisher arranges with his workmates to camp out in an overnight queue to watch Avatar, a movie that he actually was one of the actors.
He was born in Portland, Oregon and graduated with a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree from Southern Oregon University, Ashland, Oregon. While studying in Ashland, he acted at the Oregon Shakespeare Festival. He has appeared in many commercials including ads for Cingular Wireless, Quaker State, the Siemens mobile phone series XELIBRI, Best Buy, among others. Other work that Joel David Moore has appeared in includes a live production with the Los Angeles Philharmonic at the Disney Concert hall, and Katy Perry’s music video, Waking Up In Vegas.
Joel David Moore
Joel D. Moore
Portland, Oregon, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Joel David Moore attended Benson Polytechnic High School, Portland, Oregon and graduated in 1995. He later got enrolled in Mt. Hood Community College in Gresham, Oregon for 2 years. He then transferred to Southern Oregon University, Ashland, Oregon, where he graduated in 2001.
Actor, Director, Producer, Writer
- Father – John Moore
- Mother – Missy Irvine
- Siblings – Adam Moore (Younger Brother)
Joel David Moore is managed by ICM Partners (Talent and Literary Agency), Los Angeles, USA.
6 ft 2 in or 188 cm
75 kg or 165.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Joel David Moore has dated –
- Kineret Karen Ben Yishay (2009-2011) – Joel David Moore was married to Kineret Karen Ben Yishay for 2 years. However, they later got divorced.
- Aly Michalka (2011-2013) – Joel started dating Aly Michalka, an American actress in 2011. They dated for almost 2 years before breaking up in 2013.
- Katherine – He seems to have a relationship with Katherine as visible in some of his Instagram posts.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of English, German, Scottish, and Irish descent.
- Tall and thin physique
- Gaunt look
Joel David Moore has endorsed –
- Cingular Wireless
- Best Buy
- Quaker State
- State of California’s “California Grown” campaign
- Siemens XELIBRI mobile phone series
Best Known For
- Acting in films such as Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story, Avatar, Grandma’s Boy, Hatchet, among others
- Appearing in TV shows such as Forever, City Guys, Boston Public, Boomtown, Deep Cover, Angel, The Guardian, CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, The Dukes of Hazard: The Beginning, House, Chuck, Last Man Standing, Bones, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D, Paging Dr. Freed, among others
As a Singer
Joel David Moore has performed in songs like The Calendar Hung Itself in the TV series Bones in 2009 and Shark Bite in the film Shark Night 3D in 2011.
Joel David Moore made his theatrical film debut playing the character of the first geek in the 1996 film Foxfire.
First TV Show
He made his TV show debut playing the role of Hartzell on the television series Boston Public in April 2001.
Joel David Moore Facts
- He was born in Portland, Oregon, United States.
- He holds a Bachelor of Fine Arts in Performing Arts degree from Southern Oregon University.
- Joel is a business partner, and best friends with Zachary Levi, an American actor who starred in the TV series Chuck.
- He starred in Tom Monson’s 1999 video Drug Wars, The High Times, with Gretchen Stouts and Nina Smidt. It was a production concerned with underage drinking.
- Joel David Moore is most known for his roles in Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story, Avatar, and Grandma’s Boy.
- He is an actor, director, producer, and writer. He has acted in more than 87 roles, directed more than 7 movies, and produced more than 6 projects as of April 2019.
- His directorial debut was with Spiral in 2007. He starred in the psychological thriller with Amber Tamblyn and shot the movie in Portland, a familiar territory where he was born.
- He was cast as Dr. Norm Spellman in Avatar and is the scientist who studies the plant and animal life of the moon Pandora that humans are colonizing. James Cameron wrote, directed, produced and co-edited the movie. The movie starred Sam Worthington, Sigourney Weaver, Zoe Saldana, Michelle Rodriguez, and Stephen Lang.
- Avatar broke box office records and became the highest-grossing film of all time, passing Titanic, another Cameron film, which had held the record for 12 years.
- He has won 2 awards and received nominations for 2 awards as of 2019.
- Joel won the 2007 Gold Vision Award for Spiral at the Santa Barbara International Film Festival, that he shared with Adam Green.
- He won the 2009 Razzie Award for the “Worst Screen Couple” in The Hottie & the Nottie. He shared the win with Paris Hilton and Christine Lakin.
- In 2005, he received a nomination for the MTV Movie Award for the “Best On-Screen Team” for the movie Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story. He shared the nomination with Vince Vaughn, Christine Taylor, Justin Long, Alan Tudyk, Stephen Root, and Chris Williams.
- He received a nomination for the 2016 “Best Feature” award at the Anchorage International Film Festival for Youth in Oregon.
- At the Laguna Playhouse, Laguna Beach in 2002, Joel David Moore acted in Bernard Farrell’s 2002 play, Stella by Starlight where he performed the character, Tommy.
- He has performed numerous plays at the Dream Center of Los Angeles.
- He acted the role of Frank Zappa at the Disney Concert Hall in Los Angeles in 2013. It was a live production of 200 Motels with Esa Pekka Salonen conducting the Los Angeles Philharmonic.
- The Siemens commercial that he has acted in was an international campaign and it won a Lion Award.
- He appeared in Katy Perry’s music video Waking Up In Vegas, and Fall Out Boy’s music video Beat It.
- He has worked with Danny Glover and Richard Dreyfuss when he directed Killing Winston Jones, and with Christina Applegate and Frank Langella when he directed Youth in Oregon.
- Joel David Moore has signed on to act in Avatar 2 and Avatar 3.
Featured Image by Joel David Moore / Instagram