|John Frusciante Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||March 5, 1970|
John Frusciante is an American musician, singer, composer, and producer. He is best known as the guitarist for the rock band Red Hot Chili Peppers between 1988 and 1992 and 1998 and 2009. He left the band during the Blood Sugar S*x Magik tour in 1991, rejoined in April 1998, and recorded Californication (1999) with them. John recorded 5 studio albums in total with band members of the band, which at some point included Flea, Anthony Kiedis, Chad Smith, Josh Klinghoffer, and Dave Navarro. John has also released 14 solo albums and 7 EPs between 1994 and 2017.
John Anthony Frusciante
Greenie, Greenman, Trackfinger
Queens, New York City, New York, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
He dropped out of school at the age of 17.
John attended the Guitar Institute of Technology, later named Musicians Institute in Los Angeles, California, United States. However, he mainly just punched in attendance and quickly dropped out.
Musician, Singer, Producer, Composer
- Father – John Augustus Frusciante Sr. (Judge, Juilliard-trained Pianist)
- Mother – Gail West (Haworth) (Musician, Vocalist, Homemaker)
- Siblings – Erik Frusciante (Brother), Michael Frusciante (Brother), Anna Frusciante (Sister), Lily Frusciante (Sister)
- Others – Lawrence Berkley (Stepfather), Erik Berkley (Maternal Half-Brother), Ted Haworth (Great-Uncle) (Art Director, Film Production Designer), John C. Frusciante (Paternal Grandfather), Lydia Fortunata Colón Jiménez (Paternal Grandmother), Hermogenez/Hermogenes Jiménez de Soto (Paternal Great-Grandfather), Maria Dolores Colón Ortega (Paternal Great-Grandmother), Generoso Frusciante (Paternal Great-Grandfather), Joseph Graham/George Haworth (Maternal Grandfather), Edith Rosenblatt/Rosenblat (later Edith Rose Scott) (Maternal Grandmother), William Joseph/G. Haworth (Maternal Great-Grandfather), Sarah Amelia/Anne Graham (Maternal Great-Grandmother), Theodore Rosenblatt/Rosenblat (Maternal Great-Grandfather), Rose/Rosie Schwartz/Swartz (Maternal Great-Grandmother)
John Frusciante is represented by –
- Boeing Aircraft Company (Talent Agent) in Chicago, Illinois, United States
- Creative Artists Agency (CAA) (Talent Agent) in Los Angeles, California, United States
Rock, Alternative Rock, Experimental Rock, Progressive Rock, Avant-Garde, Electronic
Vocals, Guitar, Synthesizer, Mandolin, Banjo, Clarinet, Bass, Piano
- Warner Bros.
- Record Collection
- American Recordings
- Funk Soul Recordings
- Neurotic Yell Records
- Acid Test
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
John Frusciante has dated –
- Toni Oswald (1989-1996) – John dated fellow musician Toni Oswald for 7 years.
- Milla Jovovich (1999-2000) – He dated the well-known actress between December 31, 1999, and October 2000.
- Stella Schnabel (2001-2003) – He dated the actress, writer, and producer Stella Schnabel for 1 year before getting engaged to her in 2002. They broke off the engagement in 2003.
- Emily Kokal (2004-2007) – John had a 4-year relationship with fellow musician Emily Kokal best known as the frontwoman of the all-female indie rock band Warpaint.
- Nicole Turley (2008-2015) – He began dating the drummer, Nicole Turley, in September 2008. After a little more than 2 years, the pair got married on July 31, 2011, and enjoyed a fruitful marriage until May 8, 2015, when they divorced.
- Marcia Pinna (2017-Present) – He started dating Marcia, an Italian DJ, graphic designer, and illustrator, in 2017.
Race / Ethnicity
Mixed (White and Latino)
He is of Italian, Puerto Rican, English, Irish, and likely Ashkenazi Jewish descent.
John Frusciante Favorite Things
- Working On An Album – Californication (1999)
- Musicians – Jimi Hendrix, Steve Howe, Greg Ginn, Pat Smear, Joe Strummer, John McGeoch, Huddie William “Lead Belly” Ledbetter, Robert Johnson, Brandy
- Electronic Music Influences – Ekkehard Ehlers, Peter Rehberg, The Human League, Christian Fennesz, Depeche Mode, New Order, Aphex Twin
- Hobbies – Yoga, Painting
John Frusciante Facts
- At the very beginning of his career, he wanted to audition for Frank Zappa’s band, whose legacy was maintained by his son Dweezil Zappa after his death. He gave up because Frank forbid the use of illegal drugs and John wanted to be “a rock star, do drugs, and get girls.”
- John drove a car in the music video for the Red Hot Chili Peppers‘ song Scar Tissue (1999) even though he didn’t have a driving license, nor did he plan to obtain it.
Featured Image by Fastback2641 / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 3.0