|John Stones Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||May 28, 1994|
John Stones is a typical Pep Guardiola central defender. His ball playing skills and composure in the heart of defensive line has made other established managers such as Jose Mourinho and Ronald Koeman his fans. He was one of the first signings in Guardiola’s City Revolution in the 2016 summer. The England National team coach Gareth Southgate also considers him a key part of the national setup and he started all of England’s matches in 2018 World Cup.
Barnsley, South Yorkshire, England
John lives in a lavish 6-bedroom mansion in Cheshire. His house has an indoor gym, a swimming pool, and sits on two acres of land. He had paid £3.5 million in 2016 for the house.
John Stones went to the Penistone Grammar School.
He then started his soccer journey with the youth setup of Barnsley.
Professional Soccer Player
- Father – Peter Stones (DHSS Administrator)
- Mother – Janet Stones
- Siblings – He has a sister.
John Stones is represented by Paul Martin.
34 – Barnsley FC
26 – Everton FC
5 – Everton FC, Manchester City, England National Team
16, 2 – England National Team
6 ft 2 in or 188 cm
74 kg or 163 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
John Stones has dated –
- Millie Savage – John Stones is in a relationship with Millie Savage. He has been dating her since he was 12 years old. However, towards the end of 2016, it was claimed that their relationship was on the rocks after it was revealed that Stones was having an affair behind her back. In February 2017, he even bought a new mansion to woo Savage back. He also got her face tattooed on his arm in a bid to win over her forgiveness. They eventually managed to make their relationship work again and she has been often seen cheering him. She was a constant fixture in the Russian stadiums during England’s 2018 World Cup campaign, which ended in semi-finals.
- Jessica Peaty (2016) – Stones first met Jessica Peaty in August 2016 at Victor’s restaurant in the posh Cheshire village. Stones had approached her table after having shared a couple of glances. They exchanged numbers and went out on a date about 5 days later. About two weeks later, they slept together for the first time. They often used to spend time together at his suite in The Lowry Hotel in Manchester City Center. Stones had told her that he had seperated from Millie Savage and was single. They also used to go dancing and partying with his Manchester City teammates and their wives. Their two months long affair came to an end after she realized that he was still together with his childhood sweetheart. She decided to dump him for lying to her. Jessica had found pictures of Stones out for shopping with Millie in a British tabloid.
Race / Ethnicity
He has English ancestry.
- Tall Lanky Body
John Stones has signed a personal endorsement deal with Nike, as part of which he has to wear their cleats for his professional matches. He also uses his social media to promote their products and brands.
Best Known For
- Being one of the finest ball-playing central defenders in the English top flight.
- Being one of the first choice central defenders for the English national team at the 2018 FIFA World Cup.
First Soccer Match
In March 2012, he made his professional debut with Barnsley in their Championship match against Reading. He was sent in the 52nd minute in his side’s 4-0 mauling.
In August 2013, Stones made his first start for Everton FC in the second round League Cup match against Stevenage. His side won the match in the extra time by 2-1.
In August 2016, he made his first appearance for Manchester City in their match against Sunderland. It was also Pep Guardiola’s first competitive match as City’s new manager.
In May 2014, he made his first start for the English national team in a friendly match against Peru at the Wembley Stadium.
- Skills and tricks
- Ability to bring the ball out of the defense
- Often loses focus
- Struggles against big physical strikers
- Slightly injury prone
First TV Show
Apart from the broadcast of the football matches, John Stones made his first TV show appearance on the news TV series, Granada Reports in October 2016.
John Stones Favorite Things
- Inspiration – David Beckham
Source – Daily Star
John Stones Facts
- In January 2013, he moved to Everton as the Merseyside club paid around £3 million to secure his services from Barnsley. He signed a five and a half years contract with the club.
- In August 2014, he agreed on a contract extension with Everton to extend his contract with the club to 2019. The new contract deal also increased his earning to around £30,000 a week.
- On the back of his impressive performances in Everton’s backline, he managed to earn a nomination for Golden Boy 2014 Award. However, he wasn’t able to overcome eventual winner Raheem Sterling.
- In April 2015, he scored his first premier league goal for Everton as he headed in his side’s second goal in their 3-0 victory over Manchester United.
- In the summer of 2015, he was actively pursued by Jose Mourinho‘s Chelsea. Everton reportedly rejected three bids (£20 million, £26 million, and £30 million) from the London based club. It was even claimed that Stones had submitted a transfer request to force a move. But the report was denied by the club and his representatives.
- In August 2016, Everton agreed a £47.5 million deal with Manchester City to allow Stones to eventually leave the club. Everton was also promised further £2.5 million in performance and appearances related add-ons.
- His old club Barnsley also received £6.78 million from his move to Abu Dhabi owned club because of the 15% sell on clause inserted during his move to Everton.
- His transfer move to Man City made him the second defender after David Luiz to be sold for over £45 million. He was also the second most expensive defender at that time.
- His debut season for Manchester City wasn’t up to the mark as he was regularly criticized for his role in his side’s shambolic performances throughout the season.
- He scored 2 goals in England’s 6-1 annihilation of Panama in the 2018 FIFA World Cup group stage match. His goals made him the first Manchester City player since Trevor Francis in 1982 to score goals for the England National team.
- Follow him on Instagram.
Featured Image by Кирилл Венедиктов / Soccer.ru / CC BY-SA 3.0