|Jonica T. Gibbs Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Jonica T. Gibbs is an American actress, comedian, voiceover artist, and writer who rose to fame by playing the lead role of Hattie in the BET series Twenties. She has also been a part of a variety of projects such as The Left Right Game, Good Trouble, Bro/Science/Life: The Series, Grit, Seven Bucks Digital Studios, and The Neighborhood.
Jonica T. Gibbs
Jackson, Aiken County, South Carolina, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Jonica T. Gibbs got enrolled at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and graduated with a bachelor’s degree in journalism.
Actress, Comedian, Writer, Voiceover Artist
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
60 kg or 132 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
- Pierced eras
- Deep-set eyes
Jonica T. Gibbs Facts
- She grew up under the care of her great-grandparents in Hampstead, North Carolina.
- After she had some negative experiences with faculty members in the journalism department at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Jonica T. Gibbs was discouraged from pursuing a career in the field.
- After watching True Life: I’m Coming Out, she came out to her mother when she was 19 years old.
- In 2015, she moved to Los Angeles in order to pursue a career in acting.
- Gibbs was cast as a Fundraiser Guest in a few episodes of the drama series, Good Trouble, between 2019 and 2020.
- In the year 2020, she started appearing as Hattie, a lesbian aspiring screenwriter, in the single-camera comedy series, Twenties, whose plot follows “a queer black girl, Hattie, and her two straight best friends, Marie and Nia, who spend most of their days talking ‘ish’ and chasing their dreams.”
- She co-starred in Twenties alongside Christina Elmore and Gabrielle Graham.
- Jonica T. Gibbs has worked as a substitute teacher and has also acted in student films at the Savannah College of Art and Design (SCAD).
Featured Image by Sister Circle TV / YouTube / CC BY-SA 4.0