|Josh Yenne Quick Info
|5 ft 6 in
|Salt & Pepper
Josh Yenne is an American multi-instrumentalist, teacher, and songwriter specializing in playing the pedal steel guitar. He is best known for his contribution to the American alternative rock band Mazzy Star that is headed by Hope Sandoval.
The United States of America
Multi-Instrumentalist, Songwriter, Teacher
Dream Pop, Psychedelic, Alternative Rock, Folk Rock
Pedal Steel Guitar, Acoustic Guitars, Electric Guitar
As a member of Mazzy Star, he has released his music with various record labels including Rough Trade, Capitol Records, Rhymes of an Hour, Sanctuary, and Nettwerk.
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Salt & Pepper
- He mostly sports a thick beard and an ivy cap.
Josh Yenne Facts
- Originally, Josh is from Sonoma County, California.
- A few of the many instruments that he plays are lap steel, guitar, Dobro, and bass.
- He was featured on the talk show Late Night With Jimmy Fallon in the past.
- Over the years, Josh has performed in more than 20 countries and has also played at various well-known venues such as the Sydney Opera House, Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival, and the Coachella Festival.
- Aside from Mazzy Star, Yenne has also collaborated with several other artists and bands such as The Mother Hips, Nicki Bluhm, Jackie Greene, Eric Lindell, Bob Scaggs, Bobby Vega, Anson Funderberg.
- He started his self-titled YouTube channel on September 24, 2007, to which he mostly uploads music cover videos as well as tutorials and lessons relating to various instruments.
- Josh contributed to the release of Mazzy Star‘s debut hit album She Hangs Brightly that was released on May 21, 1990. He has since gone on to release a number of other albums with the band such as So Tonight That I Might See, Among My Swan, and Seasons of Your Day.