|Juanfran Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||January 9, 1985|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Juanfran is a Spanish professional footballer who is best known for his career as a right-back for teams like Real Madrid, Espanyol, Osasuna, São Paulo, and Atlético Madrid. With Atlético Madrid, he has won tournaments like La Liga, Copa del Rey, Supercopa de España, UEFA Super Cup, and UEFA Europa League. During the course of his career, he has won several other tournaments such as UEFA European Under-19 Championship and UEFA European Championship.
Juan Francisco Torres Belén
- Father – Juan Torres Lledó (Passed away in 2011)
- Mother – Lina Belen
Juanfran is signed with Toldra Consulting S.L.
5 ft 11 in or 180 cm
72 kg or 159 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Since 2009, Juanfran is married to Veronica Sierras. Together they have a son named, Oliver Torres and a daughter named Alexia.
Race / Ethnicity
Best Known For
Being a part of the Spanish national team who won the UEFA European Championship in 2012, and a part of Atletico Madrid’s team who won the 2011-2012 UEFA Europa League and the 2013-2014 La Liga trophy.
First Football Match
As a member of Real Madrid’s first team, Juanfran debuted in a 2-1 win against Villarreal CF on January 24, 2004.
He had his debut for CA Osasuna on September 24, 2006, in a 2-0 success over Celta de Vigo. Juan was the scorer of Osasuna’s second goal.
Juan played his first official match for Atletico Madrid in a 1-3 loss to Real Madrid.
He debuted for his national team in a friendly match against Serbia in St. Gallen on May 26, 2012.
- Defensive Skills
- Speed and quickness
- Aerial duels
The Spaniard has a ripped body with well-developed abs, but overall Juan has a weak build and it’s pretty obvious that he does not spend enough time in the gym.
This is probably the biggest reason why Juan’s workout couldn’t be found on the internet.
- He was a part of the Spanish squad at the 2014 World Cup.
- Juan started his football journey at a local youth club Kelme from where he later moved to Real Madrid’s Youth Academy.
- At the 2004 UEFA European U-19 Championship, Juanfran won the Golden Player award.
- Before he started playing as a defender, Juanfran performed as a winger.
- For the 2005-2006 season, Real Madrid sent Juan on a loan to RCD Espanyol.
- In 2006, Juan shifted to CA Osasuna for a price of 10 million euros. His contract included a recall option by his former club Real Madrid and a buy-back option at the end of the 2006-2007 season.
- On January 11, 2011, Juanfran and the Spanish club, Atletico Madrid reached an agreement after which he signed a four-year deal worth 4 million euros.
- He won the 2011-2012 Europa League with Atletico Madrid. In the finals, the Colchoneros triumphed over Athletic Bilbao with the final score being 3-0. After the match, Juan dedicated the victory to his dad and family.
- On May 24, 2014, Juanfran and his team, Atletico Madrid failed to win the Champions League after they lost to Real Madrid.
- In June 2014, he extended his contract with Atletico Madrid until 2018.
- Juan scored his international debut goal on November 16, 2013, in a friendly match with 2-1 victory over Equatorial Guinea.