|Kane Williamson Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||August 8, 1990|
Kane Williamson is a New Zealand international cricketer and also the captain of the New Zealand international team. He is best known for being considered as one of the finest batsmen in the world. Apart from International cricket, he also leads the Sunrisers Hyderabad in the Indian Premier League and plays for Northern Districts in domestic cricket in New Zealand. He has also played for both Gloucestershire and Yorkshire in English county cricket. Kane has a strong social media fan base with more than 800k followers on Instagram.
Kane Stuart Williamson
Tauranga, New Zealand
Williamson attended Tauranga Boys’ College from 2004 to 2008.
New Zealand International Cricketer
- Father – Brett Williamson
- Mother – Sandra Williamson
- Siblings – Logan Williamson (Younger Twin Brother), Anna Williamson (Sister), Sophie Williamson (Sister), Kylie Williamson (Sister)
Kane is represented by Mike Hesson.
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Kane has dated –
- Sarah Raheem – Kane is said to be dating a nurse named Sarah Raheem. As he is very private about his relationship, there are no pictures of the couple on his social media.
Race / Ethnicity
Best Known For
- Being the New Zealand international cricketer and the captain of the New Zealand national team
- Being considered as one of the finest batsmen in the world
Kane made his ODI debut on August 10, 2010, against India.
He played his first T20 match on October 16, 2011, against Zimbabwe.
Kane made his Test match debut in the test match on November 4, 2010, against India.
Kane keeps himself fit and in shape by training hard. As an international level athlete, it is important for him to be active and fit and he trains for hours for the same. As per an interview, he said that he tries to achieve the most he can in every training session and works on his skills regularly.
Kane Williamson Favorite Things
- Cricket Idols – Sachin Tendulkar
- Rugby Player – Richie McCaw
- Tournament – World Cup 2015, New Zealand vs Australia
- Cuisine – Japanese Food
- Athlete Outside Cricket – Roger Federer
Kane Williamson Facts
- Kane was active in sports from a young age and played all sorts of sports including basketball, rugby, volleyball, soccer, and cricket. He tried to do everything but according to him, ultimately cricket took over.
- Talking about him being gifted, his father revealed that once when he was just 2, he was on his bed with a toy basketball hoop and a mini ball and was already shooting basketball-style goals that his parents thought was weird for such a young boy.
- He could also do drills, dribble, and shoot with both his hands equally well.
- By the age of 14 and 16, Kane played senior representative cricket and first-class cricket respectively.
- While pursuing his studies in college, he was the head boy in his final year and was coached by Pacey Depina.
- Before leaving the school, he almost scored more than 40 centuries.
- In 2007, at the age of 17, Kane first played for Northern Districts and remained with them throughout his New Zealand domestic career.
- At the age of 17 years, he played for New Zealand in the Under-19 side in the World Cup held in Malaysia in 2008. New Zealand reached the semi-final but lost the match from India.
- On November 4, 2010, he played his first test at Ahmedabad against India. In his first inning, he made 131 runs on 299 balls and became the 8th New Zealand player to score a century on his test debut.
- In 2011, he signed up with Gloucestershire to play in the 2011 English county season.
- In 2013, Kane signed up with Yorkshire County Cricket Club for the rest of the season and his side went on to win the County Championship after which he was again signed for the next year.
- On 6 February 2015, Kane was bought by Sunrisers Hyderabad for US$96,500 in the Indian Premier League and he played for them in the next season as well ultimately winning the title.
- While Kane got selected in the 2018 IPL season by Sunrisers Hyderabad, he was announced Captain of the team on March 29, 2018, replacing the previous captain David Warner.
- In 2018, under his captaincy, Sunrisers Hyderabad placed 2nd after Chennai Super Kings and Kane was awarded the Orange Cap for scoring 735 runs in the 2018 IPL season.
- He took over the captaincy of New Zealand international team in March 2016, after the former captain Brendon McCullum retired and the first series he played as a captain was the World T20I cup held in India.
- Apart from cricket, Kane is also active in charity and donated his entire match fee for all 5 ODIs of the New Zealand vs Pakistan 2014 ODI series to the victims of the Peshawar school massacre of 2014.
- As per an interview, he revealed that a bowler from the past that he would have loved to face would be Glenn McGrath and a batsman he would have liked to partner with would be Ricky Ponting and of course Sachin Tendulkar.
- When asked how is he so good at what he does, Kane revealed that he has been practicing since a young age and never looked at it as training. He always played cricket because it was fun for him to do.
- He likes to take the game seriously but never gets fazed by failure. His idea of facing failure is to relax his mind and be with his teammates.
- The cricketer prefers coffee to tea.
- In December 2022, during the IPL 2023 auction, Kane Williamson was bought for INR 2 crore (or INR 20 million), which was his base price, by the Gujarat Titans team.
- In April 2023, it was revealed that Kane had been ruled out of IPL 2023 due to a knee injury that he had sustained in the opening game of the tournament, in a match against Chennai Super Kings.
Featured Image by Kane Williamson / Instagram