|Kang Yu-chan Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||December 31, 1997|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Kang Yu-chan is a South Korean singer, musician, dancer, actor, reality television personality, and performer who debuted as a member of the South Korean boy band A.C.E in 2017. He has served as the main vocalist and maknae of A.C.E and the band’s discography consists of albums, extended plays, reissues, and tracks such as All I Want Is You, Cactus, Changer: Dear Eris, Take Me Higher, A.C.E Adventures in Wonderland, Under Cover, Under Cover: The Mad Squad, My Lover, Higher, Savage (삐딱선), HJZM: The Butterfly Phantasy, Siren: Dawn, Callin’, 5TAR (Incompletion), Cactus (선인장; Seoninjang), Favorite Boys (도깨비), and Changer. In addition to that, Kang Yu-chan has also been a part of a variety of shows such as Marry Me Now, The Unit: Idol Rebooting Project, Zombie Detective, Twenty-Twenty, Re-Feel: If Only, Pop Out Boy!, Sometoon 2021, Mimicus, Idol Wonderland, and Hello, My Twenties! 2.
Jeju Island, South Korea
Kang Yu-chan studied at Dong-Ah Institute of Media and Arts, a technical college in South Korea.
Singer, Musician, Dancer, Actor, Reality Television Personality, Performer
- Siblings – He has 2 brothers.
Kang Yu-chan has been signed with –
- JYP Entertainment (Former)
- Beat Interactive
Beat Interactive, Swing Entertainment
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
62 kg or 136.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Kang Yu-chan is of Korean descent.
Kang Yu-chan Favorite Things
- Color – Yellow
Kang Yu-chan Facts
- Initially, he did not want to pursue a career as a singer.
- His parents had a record store.
- Kang Yu-chan played soccer from elementary school to middle school.
- His fellow A.C.E members have been Jun, Donghun, Wow, and Kim Byeongkwan.
- Along with Kim Byeongkwan, Kang Yu-chan was a trainee under JYP Entertainment for 6 months.
- On May 23, 2017, A.C.E debuted with the single Cactus which peaked at #24 on the Gaon Album Chart.
- A.C.E has been a recipient of many accolades including the SBS PopAsia Award, The Fact Music Award, the Soribada Best K-Music Award, the APAN Music Award, and the Global GAIA Service Award.
- Kang Yu-chan appeared as a contestant on the KBS2 survival reality show The Unit: Idol Rebooting Project in 2017 and finished his journey in the 9th spot.
- He was also a member of the project group named UNB formed through the KBS reality show The Unit.
- He was involved in a minor car accident in August 2018.
- He made a cameo appearance as a VIP customer in the family drama television series Marry Me Now in 2018. The show stars Han Ji-hye and Lee Sang-woo.
- A.C.E released its extended play Under Cover on May 17, 2019, and its tracklist includes Do It Like Me, Under Cover, If You Heard, and others. It peaked at #8 on the Gaon Album Chart.
- Kang Yu-chan has credited the boy band SEVENTEEN as his role model.
- His ideal date is either at an amusement park or at the movies.
- On June 23, 2021, A.C.E released its extended play titled Siren: Dawn and it includes songs like Story, Higher Love, Atlantis, and others. The EP peaked at #1 on the iTunes Worldwide Albums Chart 2 days after it was released and at #2 on the Gaon Album Chart. It also reached the #1 spot in many countries including Brazil, Belarus, Ecuador, Peru, Norway, Indonesia, Russia, Singapore, Portugal, and Malaysia and NME praised the members, stating: “Keep an eye on this headstrong quintet, because there’s no question they’ll surprise us in the years to come.”
- Kang Yu-chan enlisted for his military service as an active duty soldier on August 16, 2022. It was also stated that he would return to his entertainment career on February 15, 2024.
Featured Image by Lean on me / tistory.com / CC BY 4.0