A.C.E is a South Korean boy band formed by Beat Interactive and co-managed with Swing Entertainment. It consists of 5 members – Jun, Donghun, Kim Byeongkwan, Wow, and Kang Yu-chan. The boy band debuted on May 23, 2017, with the single Cactus which peaked at #24 on the Gaon Album Chart. The band’s discography also includes many albums, extended plays, reissues, and tracks such as All I Want Is You, Changer: Dear Eris, Take Me Higher, A.C.E Adventures in Wonderland, Under Cover, Under Cover: The Mad Squad, My Lover, Higher, Savage (삐딱선), HJZM: The Butterfly Phantasy, Siren: Dawn, Callin’, 5TAR (Incompletion), Favorite Boys (도깨비), and Changer.
- Jun – Leader, Lead Vocalist, Lead Dancer
- Donghun – Main Vocalist
- Wow – Main Dancer, Main Rapper, Vocalist
- Kim Byeongkwan – Main Performer, Main Rapper, Vocalist
- Kang Yu-chan – Main Vocalist
Seoul, South Korea
Beat Interactive, Swing Entertainment
A.C.E released its extended play Under Cover on May 17, 2019, and its tracklist includes Do It Like Me, Under Cover, If You Heard, and others. It peaked at #8 on the Gaon Album Chart.
- Initially, the boy band rose to popularity by busking on the streets of the hip Hongdae district in Seoul. They covered the dance choreography of popular groups such as BTS, Blackpink, and EXO.
- A.C.E has been a recipient of many accolades including the SBS PopAsia Award, The Fact Music Award, the Soribada Best K-Music Award, the APAN Music Award, and the Global GAIA Service Award.
- On October 29, 2019, A.C.E released the extended play Under Cover: The Mad Squad and it peaked at #7 on the Gaon Album Chart.
- A.C.E released the extended play HJZM: The Butterfly Phantasy on September 2, 2020, and it includes songs like Baby Tonight, Clover, Golden Goose, Stand by You, and Favorite Boys. It peaked at #4 on the Gaon Album Chart.
- On January 8, 2021, the boy band released a remix of the song Favorite Boys by DJ Steve Aoki (ft. Nigerian-American rapper Thutmose) and it was retitled Fav Boyz.
- It was announced on February 5, 2021, that Swing Entertainment would co-manage A.C.E alongside Beat Interactive, the former being the in-charge of artist’s domestic broadcasting appearances and the latter being the in-charge of production, global marketing, artist care management, and fan marketing.
- On June 23, 2021, A.C.E released its extended play titled Siren: Dawn and it includes songs like Story, Higher Love, Atlantis, and others. The EP peaked at #1 on the iTunes Worldwide Albums Chart 2 days after it was released and at #2 on the Gaon Album Chart. It also reached the #1 spot in many countries including Brazil, Belarus, Ecuador, Peru, Norway, Indonesia, Russia, Singapore, Portugal, and Malaysia and NME praised the members, stating: “Keep an eye on this headstrong quintet, because there’s no question they’ll surprise us in the years to come.”
- A.C.E has shown support for the LGBTQ+ community and their song Spark has been a part of the original soundtrack for boys’ love Korean drama Light on Me. It was released on July 8, 2021, and Jun said of the release: “Just like how all of our fans, CHOICE, are different in their own special ways, we know that there [are] a range of different ways to love among all kinds of people in this world which we acknowledge and respect.”
- As a member of A.C.E, Jun has been a part of many television projects such as Zombie Detective, Extreme A.C.E, A.C.E Chuja Island, and Hello, My Twenties! 2.
- The members started enlisting for their military service in 2021 – Wow enlisted on September 10, 2021; Donghun enlisted on September 23, 2021; Jun enlisted on February 7, 2022; Kim Byeongkwan enlisted on April 11, 2022; and Chan enlisted on August 16, 2022.
Featured Image by Explicit / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 4.0