|Karen Gallman Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||September 27, 1992|
Karen Gallman is a Filipino-Australian beauty pageant titleholder, actress, operations analyst, and management consultant who burst into the limelight in 2018 after winning the Miss Intercontinental pageant, thereby becoming the first Filipina to ever win the contest. Karen has appeared in various films like Ibong Adarna: The Pinoy Adventure (2014). She has amassed more than 116k followers on Instagram.
Karen Juanita Boyonas Gallman
Ubay, Bohol, Philippines
Karen attended primary school in Australia. She went to Olivarez College. She acquired her bachelor’s degree in Business Management majoring in International Business from the University of Queensland. Soon after graduating, she landed a graduate role with a management consulting firm in London.
Beauty Pageant Title Holder, Actress, Operations Analyst, Management Consultant
- Father – Gavin Gallman Sr (Australian World War II Veteran)
- Mother – Editha Boyonas (School Teacher)
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
56 kg or 123.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
She has dated –
- Ian Garton – She tied the knot with her longtime boyfriend Ian Garton on March 3, 2020. On December 9, 2020, they welcomed their first child together.
Race / Ethnicity
Mixed (Asian and White)
She is of Australian descent on her father’s side of the family and of Filipino descent on her mother’s side.
She often tends to dye her hair in different shades.
- Fuller lips
- High cheekbones
- Thick eyebrows
She has endorsed or promoted several brands such as ZO Skin Health.
Karen Gallman Favorite Things
- Place – Melbourne in Victoria in Australia
Source – Instagram
Karen Gallman Facts
- She has recollected that a big part of her childhood was spent in Ubay in Bohol, while she spent most of her adolescence at Queensland in Australia, having relocated to Brisbane in Australia in 2000. She again shifted back to the Philippines.
- While remembering her life as a teenager, she has shared that her parents were on the stricter side while being equally loving at the same time.
- Karen is fluent in both Bisaya and Tagalog.
- Gallman had joined Binibining Pilipinas in 2012, and came back to it six years later. She has recalled that the period of time away from the pageant scene made her realize that that was what she was genuinely passionate about. She has disclosed that she did not want to have regrets in her life which is why she decided to give pageantry one more try. The thought of possibly becoming a woman of influence, whose views would resonate with many people, would excited her and she would look forward to the scope to put the spotlight on the advocacies she used to hold dear.
- Even when she had not bagged the Miss Intercontinental title, Karen was championing the improvement of compulsory education in the rural parts across the country. She has added that she selected that advocacy as having grown up in Bohol she had experienced walking to school which was far away, for about half an hour. As she had done her primary schooling in Australia, she could not help comparing the materials from the Land Down Under, to the education in the Philippines and saw it needed work. That made her crave to partner up with the Department of Education.
- Karen has considered it quite important to always look good as it cannot be predicted whom one may meet. However, she has put the most stress on being comfortable.
Featured Image by Karen / Instagram