|Kartikeya Gummakonda Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||September 21, 1992|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Kartikeya Gummakonda is an Indian actor best known for his numerous appearances in the movies made under the Telugu cinema. After a lead role of Revanth in the short movie Fighter Kites in 2016, he landed a lead role in the action, romance, drama Prematho Mee Karthik in November 2017. The movie was praised for the actors’ skills, photography, and editing, but some people thought that the director didn’t give his maximum. Nonetheless, Kartikeya was noticed and landed a role of Shiva in the theatrical release Rx 100 in July 2018 alongside an Indian actress Payal Rajput. The movie, albeit 2 and a half hours long, managed to capture humanity’s dangerous emotions – love and lust and was named “Double Blockbuster” by the film critics and reviewers.
Kartikeya was praised for portraying the madness that love can bring, and became the talk of the Indian film industry. His acting career was expectedly on the uprise in 2019, as he bagged roles in 3 notable movies in the Telugu cinema. He had a lead role in the romantical comedy Hippi and then bagged the role of Guna in the action-drama Guna 369. In mid-September 2019, Kartikeya also appeared as Dev in the romance Gang Leader alongside well-known actors Nani, Vennela Kishore, Lakshmi, Sukumar, Priyadarshi, and others. He has also amassed a large social media fanbase with more than 300k followers on Instagram and more than 100k followers on Facebook.
Vanasthalipuram, Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Kartikeya graduated from the National Institute of Technology, Warangal in Telangana, India.
- Father – Ashok Reddy Gummakonda (Movie Producer)
6 ft or 183 cm
78 kg or 172 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
- Tall height
- Rugged, masculine looks
Best Known For
- Portraying the lead role of Shiva in the theatrical release Rx 100 (2018), which was met with extremely positive reviews by the critics, and even named “Double Blockbuster”, and lead roles in 3 movies in 2019 – Hippi as Hippi, Guna 369 as Guna, and supporting role of Dev in the movie Gang Leader
- His social media fanbase with more than 300k followers on Instagram and more than 100k followers on Facebook
Kartikeya Gummakonda made his theatrical film debut as Rishi in Prematho Mee Karthik in 2017.
Kartikeya is an avid gym-goer and works hard to not only maintain but also improve upon his physique. He has made a number of social media posts, typically ahead of New Year or under the hashtag #mondaymotivation to help motivate his fanbase to do the same. Kartikeya also believes that even if he partied until the late night and could barely get up in the morning, he should still go to the gym in the evening as to not feel the guilt of skipping a workout. He acknowledges that such a workout would be less than ideal in most cases, but is often surprised by what his body is capable of.
Kartikeya Gummakonda Favorite Things
- Song From Rx 100 (2018) – Pilla Ra
- Role Model – Chiranjeevi
- Food Place In Hyderabad – Charminar
- Food – Biryani Chicken
- Shopping Place – Inorbit Mall
- Film Director – Chala Mandhi
Source – HyderabadLocal.com
Kartikeya Gummakonda Facts
- His dad owned a school that he himself attended. Kartikeya was always interested in cultural activities and decided he would be an actor early in his life.
- He has admitted that he used to be fat during his intermediate studies.
- His friends could always find him at the student activity center at the campus, attending acting and dancing sessions.
- Between 2015 and 2016, Kartikeya met Subbarao, who was a retired dean of the National School of Drama, New Delhi, one of the most prestigious art institutions in India. After he attended his acting classes for about 8 months, he auditioned and got the role in the feature film Prematho Mee Karthik (2017).
- While he was working on Prematho Mee Karthik (2017), he saw the script for Rx 100 (2018) and found it appealing. The movie’s director, Ajay Bhupathi, saw his previous work and auditioned him.
- Kartikeya fell in love with riding motorcycles especially after he rode a Yamaha RX100 for the movie Rx 100 (2018). In fact, the exact motorcycle used in the movie went on a bidding war. Top 10 bidders came to a special event where they battled for the right to purchase the bike.
- The movie Rx 100 was supposed to be named Yamaha RX100 at 1st. As they filmed, they contacted the head of South India Yamaha company in Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India. He rejected their plea for the name, but “okayed” the name Rx 100.
- Kartikeya has shown love for his nephew publicly even though he hasn’t revealed any information about his sibling(s).
- Kartikeya tried out the #bottlecapchallenge in July 2019, with the goal to unscrew the cap from the bottle with a spinning kick. The challenge made rounds across the globe, and celebrities such as Jason Statham, John Mayer, Max Holloway, and especially well-known UFC fighters participated.
Featured Image by Alaminoid / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 4.0