|Karun Nair Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||December 6, 1991|
Karun Nair is an Indian cricketer who is widely known for his triple century that he scored in his debut test match. He is a right-handed batsman and has also played for teams like Royal Challengers Bangalore, Rajasthan Royals, and Delhi Daredevils in the Indian Premier League. Nair is a go-getter when it comes to runs and has always been a crucial player in the batting lineup when it comes to scoring. Nair is followed by various youngsters all across the country for his style of batting.
Karun Kaladharan Nair
Jodhpur, Rajasthan, India
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Karun studied in Chinmayi School till the 4th standard then moved to Frank Anthony Public School where he completed his further education.
- Father – Kaladharan (Mechanical Engineer)
- Mother – Prema Nair (Teacher)
- Siblings – Shruti Nair (Older Sister)
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Karun Nair has dated –
- Sanaya Tankariwala – Sanaya and Karun got engaged in 2019 and got married in January 2020.
Race / Ethnicity
- Square Face
He has endorsed brands like –
- DNI Home Theatre
- Nike ZoomX Foam
- Red Tape
Karun Nair Favorite Things
- Cricketers – Rahul Dravid, Sachin Tendulkar
- Car – Red Ford Mustang
- Movie – Chak De India
- Music – Electronic Dance Music
Karun Nair Facts
- He made his domestic debut in 2012 during the Vijay Hazare trophy and after this season, he got into the Ranji Team for Karnataka.
- Nair scored 494 runs in 6 matches in his debut season of the Ranji Trophy that led to Karnataka winning the tournament after almost 13 years.
- He played for Royal Challengers Bangalore in his debut IPL season from 2012 to 2013 and then played for Rajasthan Royals from 2014 to 2015.
- In the 2016 edition of the IPL, Nair was picked up by Delhi Daredevils for a price of 4 crores and became the highest run-scorer for the team.
- Karun Nair battled death in 2016 when his boat fell off during the boat fest in Kerala.
- Nair made his test debut against England in 2016.
- He became the 3rd player in international cricket to score a triple century against England in 2016.
- He was named in India-A squad in 2018 for the Deodhar Trophy.
- In August 2019, he was named in India Red for the Duleep Trophy.
- He made his ODI debut against Zimbabwe in 2016.
- Karun is the 2nd Indian batsman to have scored a triple century, after Virender Sehwag.
- He is one of the youngest Indian test players to have scored a triple century.
- As of January 2020, he does not know how to ride a bike.
- He lives an active lifestyle and is a regular to the gym.
- He was also a part of U15 Junior cricket for Karnataka and represented India in the U19 team in the past.
- Karun made 328 runs in the final match of the Ranji trophy against Tamil Nadu in the 2014-15 season.
- He represented Karnataka for 4 years in domestic cricket and scored more than 2000 runs and finds Bangalore to be his 2nd home.
- Nair is an avid long-distance runner but had to reduce it down due to his knee injury.
- He cannot stick to a particular diet plan for more than a month and is a big foodie.
- In the 2014 IPL tournament, Nair along with New Zealand pacer Tim Southee took a brilliant catch that eventually was adjudged as the best catch of the tournament.
Featured Image by Karun Nair / Instagram