|Kate Rockwell Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||August 4, 1984|
Kate Rockwell is an American actor, dancer, theatre artist, and singer. She is known for originating the roles of Skylar in Bring It On: The Musical in 2011 and of Karen Smith in the 2018 musical Mean Girls. Her theatre credits also include having been cast in productions such as High School Musical, High School Musical 2, Phantom, A Confederacy of Dunces, The Sound of Music, Beauty and the Beast, Tarzan, Carousel, The Circus in Winter, and Factory Girls. In addition to that, Kate Rockwell has appeared in shows and movies like Grease: You’re the One That I Want!, Almost Family, Blue Bloods, Deadbeat, High Maintenance, Harlem, The Battery’s Down, and Tick, Tick… Boom!.
Katherine Rockwell Wilfong
Connecticut, United States
New York City, New York, United States
Kate Rockwell studied at Sycamore High School, graduating in 2002. Afterward, she attended Baldwin Wallace University and received a Bachelor of Music (BM) in musical theatre in 2006.
Actor, Dancer, Singer, Theatre Artist
- Father – Charles Wilfong
- Mother – Linda Warner (née Rockwell)
- Siblings – Elizabeth (who goes by “Libet”) (Younger Sister), William (who goes by “Bear”) (Younger Brother)
Kate Rockwell has been represented by Industry Entertainment Productions, LLC, Talent Management Company, Los Angeles, California, United States.
5 ft 4 in or 162.5 cm
52 kg or 114.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Kate Rockwell has dated –
- Spencer Howard (2009-Present) – She first met actor Spencer Howard in 2008 when he (as dance captain) was preparing Rockwell for her entry into the Legally Blonde national tour as a replacement for an injured performer. They started dating in February 2009 and got married on September 8, 2014, in Marblehead, Massachusetts. They have 2 dogs named Mabel and Bessie.
Race / Ethnicity
Kate Rockwell Facts
- Kate uses she/her/hers pronouns.
- She grew up in Cincinnati, Ohio.
- Kate Rockwell’s first on-stage theatre experience was during her first year when she was cast as Grandma Tzeitel in the high school’s staging of Fiddler on the Roof. In many interviews, she has stated that this particular experience made her realize her desire to pursue musical theatre as a career.
- She helped found the New Stage Collective, a local Cincinnati theater company (later closed in 2009 due to lack of funding), during her time at Sycamore High School in 2002.
- For her performance in the musical Mean Girls, Kate Rockwell was nominated for Helen Hayes Award for “Outstanding Performer – Visiting Production” as well as a Drama Desk Award for “Outstanding Featured Actress in a Musical” in 2018.
- She played the character of Lauren, a performer in the Superbia workshop, in the 2021 biographical musical drama film Tick, Tick… Boom!, starring Andrew Garfield, Robin de Jesús, Alexandra Shipp, Joshua Henry, Judith Light, and Vanessa Hudgens.
Featured Image by Kate Rockwell / Instagram