|Katherine Ann Cimorelli Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9.25 in|
|Date of Birth||March 4, 1992|
Katherine Ann Cimorelli is an American singer, songwriter, poet, actress, social media star, artist, instrumentalist, and author, best known for being a part of a 6-sister pop and country band, Cimorelli, whose YouTube channel has amassed more than 5 million subscribers. The band had its start on YouTube in 2007 with only 4 sisters excluding Katherine – Amy, Lisa, Christina, and Lauren, who made covers of well-known songs on the radio in group vocals by harmonizing and were discovered that way. In 2008, they released their debut EP titled Cimorelli on iTunes, which they also named Hello There unofficially, consisting of 6 original songs written by the oldest sister, Christina. After their younger sister Danielle joined the band and became the 6th member in 2010, they were signed with Universal Music and released their 2nd EP titled CimFam on December 6, 2011, and on the exact same date in 2012, their 3rd EP, titled Believe It. The year 2013 saw the release of the EP titled Made in America, while the EP Renegade was released in 2014, and their mixtape Hearts on Fire in 2015.
Katherine and her sisters had the most productive year in 2016 as they released 2 studio albums – Up At Night, which debuted at number 24 on the Billboard Top Country Albums chart and sold 1.5k copies in the 1st week in the US as well as Alive, which was a full-length album but consisted of Christian worship music. The year 2018 saw the release of their 4th studio album, I Love you or Whatever and the theatrical release of the movie Hope Springs Eternal, in which Katherine appeared in the role of Caylee next to her sisters Amy and Lisa. She and her sisters were also stars of their own web shows, Cimorelli (2010-2018) and Summer with Cimorelli (2014). In 2019, Katherine and her sisters decided to write a young adult book that detailed their childhood and upbringing, and the challenges they went through as a sibling band titled Believe in You. She and her sisters also continued to release song covers between 2007 and 2019 almost every week and also recorded EPs of Christian and gospel music, which was also what made them stand out as artists. Katherine has also amassed a large fanbase online with more than 300k followers on Instagram.
Katherine Ann Cimorelli
Kath, Kate, Katie, Kathleen, Kath The Poet
Sacramento, California, United States
Nashville, Tennessee, United States
Katherine was homeschooled just like the rest of her siblings and fulfilled her high school requirements and graduated before she turned 15.
She attended 2 years of college but dropped out to pursue music.
From the University of Notre Dame, Katherine has a Certificate in Nonprofit Fund Development.
Singer, Songwriter, Social Media Star, Poet, Actress, Artist, Instrumentalist, Author
- Father – Michael ‘Mike’ Cimorelli Sr. (Construction Company Founder)
- Mother – Lynne Cimorelli (Professional Pianist, Songwriter)
- Siblings – Mike Cimorelli Jr. (Older Brother), Christina Lynne Cimorelli (Older Sister) (Singer), Lisa Michelle Cimorelli (Younger Sister) (Singer), Amy Elizabeth Cimorelli (Younger Sister) (Singer), Lauren Cimorelli (Younger Sister) (Singer), Danielle Nicole ‘Dani’ Cimorelli (Younger Sister) (Singer), Alex Cimorelli (Younger Brother), Christian Cimorelli (Younger Brother), Nick Cimorelli (Younger Brother), Joey Cimorelli (Younger Brother)
- Others – Michael A. Cimorelli (Paternal Grandfather) (Deceased), Joe Cimorelli (Uncle), Dr. John E. Straneva (Father-in-law) (Former Associate Professor at SUNY Cortland)
Katherine Ann Cimorelli is represented by –
- ICM Partners (Talent Agent) in New York City, New York, United States
- Cimorelli Music (Manager) in Nashville, Tennessee, United States
Vocal Group, A Capella, Pop, Teen Pop, Country, Christian & Gospel
Vocals, Bass Guitar, Piano
- Island Records (Universal Music Group)
- Cimorelli Music
- Eleven Productions
5 ft 9.25 in or 176 cm
62 kg or 136.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Katherine Ann Cimorelli has dated –
- Max Straneva (2017-Present) – In 2017, she met Max, a Martin Methodist college cross-country and track coach, who she also called Maxwell Connor once. They found each other through the dating app Bumble and went on their 1st date on October 7, 2017. Right after the date finished, Katherine called one of her best friends and told her: “I just went on a date with this guy, and I have the WEIRDEST feeling!” They began officially dating just a little more than a month later, on November 12, 2017. She stated on multiple occasions that what brought them together were his traits of being humble, gentle, caring and that he gave her endearing nicknames and wrote sweet cards. He also allowed her emotional side to come out as Katherine stated on multiple occasions that she’s a part of the category of “Highly Sensitive People” since birth. She admitted that she cries easily, at least a few times a week, if not every day. Just thinking of even happy memories can make her burst into tears, which she had to push down in front of people she doesn’t know but he allowed the freedom to express those feelings. Kath and Max also share a passion for psychology, religion, morality, science, and, as she put it, “He is secure and confident about himself so I don’t have to shrink myself to make him feel better,” which is what she looks like in a close friend as well. On May 23, 2019, Max surprised her with a proposal on a beach in the middle of their trip to Tybee Island, Chatham County, Georgia, United States, with a ring she absolutely loved. They got married on May 30, 2020. In April 2021, the couple announced that they were expecting twins in September 2021. They finally welcomed the twin boys on September 12, 2021, named, Dominic Michael Straneva and Leopold “Leo” John Straneva.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of primarily Italian and Irish descent but also has German, Norwegian, English, Welsh, and Scotch Irish ancestry.
She also dyed her hair ‘Purple’ in 2016.
Tall, slim physique
Katherine Ann Cimorelli has endorsed brands such as –
- Shop Ashley LeMieux (2017)
- H&M (2018)
- Charlotte Russe (2018)
- FashionNova (2018)
- Shop Bourbon & Rye (2018)
- FabFitFun (2018)
- AlbionFit (2018)
- Blessed Is She (2018)
- Called To Surf (2018)
- ROOLEE (2019)
- Saint and Stone (2019)
Katherine has also shown support for the Starfish Project organization in 2018, which employed trafficked women in the jewelry business to help them get back on their feet.
Best Known For
- Releasing EPs with her all-female band Cimorelli – Cimorelli (2008), CimFam (2011), Believe It (2012), Made in America (2013), Renegade (2014) and a mixtape titled Hearts on Fire (2015), as well as 4 full-length studio albums between 2016 and 2018 titled Up At Night (2016), Alive (2016), Sad Girls Club (2017), and I Love You or Whatever (2018)
- Starring in the original web series Cimorelli (2010-2018) and Summer with Cimorelli (2014) as ‘Herself’
- Her role of Caylee in the movie Hope Springs Eternal (2018)
- Being an author of the 2019 young adult (YA) book alongside her sisters titled Believe in You
- Her social media fanbase with more than 300k followers on Instagram, more than 400k followers on Twitter, and more than 5 million subscribers on the band’s YouTube channel
Katherine Ann Cimorelli, as part of her pop, country band Cimorelli, released her debut studio album titled Up at Night on May 17, 2016. The album was written and produced in full by the band and sold more than 1.5k copies in its 1st week in the United States and debuted at the 24th spot on the Billboard Top Country Albums chart. It consisted of tracks such as Up at Night, Hearts On Fire, Acid Rain (Never Gonna Stay), Before October’s Gone, Easy To Forget Me, Fall Back, Headlights, Brave Heart, Worth The Fight, Make It Stronger, I Like It, I Know You Know It, I’m a Mess, and Sunsets and Heartbreak.
Katherine Ann Cimorelli made her first feature film appearance as Caylee in the comedy-drama film Hope Springs Eternal in 2018.
First Web Show
Katherine Ann Cimorelli made her first web show appearance as ‘Herself’ in an episode titled “Firework” by Katy Perry – Cover by CIMORELLI! of the comedy, music series Cimorelli in November 2010.
First TV Show
Katherine Ann Cimorelli made her first TV show appearance as ‘Herself’ in an episode of the news, talk-show series Good Day L.A. in May 2012.
Katherine Ann Cimorelli Favorite Things
- Things To Do – Long Walks, Dinner Parties, Cook
- Sound – Pouring Rain
- Day Of The Year – Christmas Eve
- Color – Purple
- Month – October
- Author – Shauna Niequist
- Song (In 1992) – Save the Best for Last by Vanessa Williams
- Songs – For Once In My Life by Stevie Wonder, When I Go Down and Deathbed by Relient K
- Christian Song – Better Is One Day by Matt Maher
- Sports – Swimming, Boxing, Skateboarding, Running
- TV Show – Say Yes to the Dress
- Christmas Movies – The Grinch (2018), The Holiday (2006), The Polar Express (2004)
- Food – Fries, Burgers, Bento Box
- Food To Cook – Pita Bread, Pies, Cakes, Cookies, Quiches
- Drinks – Tea, Lemonade, Chocolate Milk
- Chocolate Candy Brand – Symphony
- Snacks – Yogurt Parfaits, Pears, Sourdough Pretzels
- Singers – Ed Sheeran, Adele
- Bands – One Direction, Florida Georgia Line, All Time Low
- Movies – Pride and Prejudice (2005), We Bought a Zoo (2011), The Secret Life of Walter Mitty (2013), High School Musical 3: Senior Year (2008), The Lion King (1994, 2019)
- Personal Quote – “Remember your true identity. You are not a mistake, a loser, an invisible, an outcast, a burden, alone, a lost cause or not good enough.”
Source – Facebook About, Fandom
Katherine Ann Cimorelli Facts
- She is very religious.
- Katherine and her sisters call their fanbase “Cim Fam”, which is short for Cimorelli Family.
- She is the tallest among her sisters.
- Katherine sang in the church choir for 9 years while she lived in California, United States.
- She writes poetry and posts it on her Tumblr account.
- Katherine wears prescription glasses or puts contacts in.
- Her brother Alex describes her as “very empathetic, caring, and emotional.”
- Katherine was described as “generous, perky, the ‘motherly one,’ and the ‘jokester’ of the group” by her sisters.
- Her sister, Dani Cimorelli stated that Katherine and Amy are very alike when it comes to their personality. The oldest sister, Christina stated that Katherine is the most opposite of her.
- Her sister Lauren stated that she thinks of the word ‘clumsy’ when she thinks of her because she always had bruises from running into things.
- Katherine is closest to her younger brother Joey and people sometimes think he’s her son.
- Her sister Lisa once said Katherine was the one struggling to remember lyrics the most.
- The song cover that 1st went viral on their YouTube channel was Party In The USA by Miley Cyrus, which they published in 2009.
- Katherine was obsessed with reading and researching, and read the Harvard Medical Encyclopedia at age 14 because she was curious about various diseases.
- As of October 2019, she’s saving herself for the 1st kiss until the wedding day.
- Katherine can speak a bit of German, Spanish, and Portuguese.
- She has a goofy side that comes out only when she’s tired or ill.
- Katherine considers slipping and falling flat on her face while walking her neighbors’ dog to be one of the most embarrassing moments in her life.
- She enjoys hanging out with friends that have interesting stories to tell because she likes to listen to them. Katherine also loves people that like walking, drinking tea, and binge-watching movies.
- If she was a superhero, she would pick flying as her superpower.
- She is allergic to cats.
- Katherine enjoys drawing and painting in her spare time.
- She stopped growing when she was 18 years old, at which time people told her she looked like Anne Hathaway.
- Her band, Cimorelli, moved to Malibu, Los Angeles County, California, the United States in 2010 after they were signed to Island Records.
- Their web series, Summer with Cimorelli (2014) was sponsored by the food brand Subway.
- In 2015, she and her sisters moved from Malibu to Nashville, Tennessee, United States, to record music as independent artists.
- She is in charge of all the fan-mail that arrives at the band’s address.
- Katherine is the 2nd oldest among her sisters that are part of the band and the 3rd oldest among all of her older siblings.
- Her advice for her younger self would be to assure herself that she’s beautiful and not to be so harsh on herself and insecure.
- Their mom taught her and her sisters how to do harmonies.
- Her biggest pet peeve is stepping into the water while she has socks on. The other thing that truly annoys her is when the textures are off such as having chaffed lips, dry hands, itchy clothing, or hair that isn’t fully clean.
- Her mom’s plan was always to have her and her siblings homeschooled and it wasn’t a part of an incident.
- Katherine often finds herself not having enough time for her siblings, parents, and best friends who all live close to each other and feels guilty that someone is left out sometimes.
- She said that the song she wrote for the Sad Girls Club (2017) studio album titled Where It All Ended… was her proudest artistic achievement. As of October 2019, it was also the only album they released that featured a solo song from each sister, instead of group vocals.
- She can’t live without a pen and paper, a good book, and the Bible.
- As of October 2019, the top 3 places Katherine would like to visit are Hawaii, Alaska, and Iceland. Her go-to destination in February 2019 was Hawaii as she would enjoy hiking, jumping from a cliff, relaxing on the beach, and eating tropical food.
- In February 2019, she stated that in 5 years, she would have wanted to publish a book and have it become successful, established herself as a speaker, and for her band to continue “killing it.”
- Visit her official website @ cimorellimusic.com.
Featured Image by Katherine Ann Cimorelli / Instagram