|Kaylee DeFer Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6¼ in|
|Date of Birth||September 23, 1986|
Kaylee DeFer is an American actress best known as Ivy Dickens from the teen drama sitcom, Gossip Girls. She grew up in Tuscon, Arizona and has appeared in a number of TV shows and movies like The Powder Puff Principle, In My Pocket, Red State, The Mountain, The War at Home, Ghost Whisperer, How I Met Your Mother, and Friends with Benefits.
Kaylee Anne DeFer
Tucson, Arizona, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Kaylee DeFer attended the Pusch Ridge Christian Academy in Tuscon, Arizona.
- Father – David DeFer
- Mother – Cynthia DeFer
- Siblings – Will DeFer (Brother) (Entrepreneur), Lincoln DeFer (Brother)
- Others – Audrey Jean Lincoln (Maternal Grandmother), Melissa DeFer (Sister-In-Law) (Wife of Will DeFer), Liam (Nephew), Bennett (Niece)
Kaylee DeFer is managed by Innovative Artists, Talent Agency, Santa Monica, California, United States.
5 ft 6¼ in or 168 cm
59 kg or 130 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Kaylee DeFer has dated –
- Mike Pereria (2002-2012) – Kaylee maintained an on-and-off relationship with jewelry designer Mike Pereria for around a decade. They started dating in 2002 and also got engaged sometime later. However, things didn’t work out well for them and they called off their engagement in January 2012.
- Ben Newmark (2005-2009) – She started dating actor Ben Newmark in 2005. They went out for around 4 years before calling it quits in 2009.
- Seth MacFarlane (2009) – Actor Seth MacFarlane started dating Kaylee in January 2009. The duo went out for a couple of months before splitting in June 2009.
- Michael Fitzpatrick (2012-Present) – Michael Fitzpatrick is the lead vocalist of the indie pop and neo-soul band, Fitz and The Tantrums. He started dating Kaylee in 2012 and soon in May 2013, the couple announced that they were expecting their first child. Later, on September 20, 2013, they welcomed their first son, Theodore Ignatius. Kaylee and Michael got married on July 25, 2015. Then, on April 11, 2017, they were blessed with their second son named Sebastian Danger.
Race / Ethnicity
- Radiant smile
- Pointed chin
Kaylee DeFer has either endorsed or promoted several brands like –
- Sun & Swell Foods
- Sheltered Co.
- The Future Perfect
- The Trencher Girls
She also appeared in commercials for Honda in 2004 and Papa John’s Pizza in 2004.
Best Known For
- Playing the role of Ivy Dickens in the teen drama TV series, Gossip Girl (2011-2012)
- Her appearance in various other TV shows like North Shore (2004) as Emily, The Mountain (2004-2005) as Scarlett, The War at Home (2005-2007) as Hillary Gold, Ghost Whisperer (2009) as Angie Halsenback, How I Met Your Mother (2010, 2013) as Casey, and Friends with Benefits (2011) as Mary Webber
- Having been cast in several movies like Underclassman (2005) as Des, The Powder Puff Principle (2006) as Young school board president, Flicka (2006) as Miranda Koop, and Red State (2011) as Dana
She made her first theatrical film appearance as Des in the action-comedy movie, Underclassman, in 2005.
First TV Show
She made her first TV show appearance as Cute Girl in the Nickelodeon show, Drake & Josh, in 2004.
As a voice actress, she made her TV show debut as Dakota in the animated sitcom, Family Guy, in 2008.
To maintain her physique as Ivy Dickens on Gossip Girls, she had a well-tailored workout routine prepared by celebrity trainer Jay Cardiello. It was designed to be practiced anywhere with a 4-foot-by-4-foot area and was called Cardio Core 4×4. It used body weight and worked out almost every part of the body. The program was to be performed thrice a week on alternate days along with half an hour of cardio.
Kaylee DeFer Favorite Things
- Mascara – Shiseido Perfect
- Shampoo – Klorane Dry Shampoo
- TV Show – Breaking Bad!
Source – STYLECASTER
Kaylee DeFer Facts
- She grew up in Tucson, Arizona and later moved to Los Angeles to give acting a try.
- By the age of 8, she had already begun her theatre pursuits and was later cast as Kim in the high school production of Bye Bye Birdie.
- The most beautiful outfit that she wore on the sets of Gossip Girls was a Badgley Mischka dress.
- Before getting cast as Ivy on Gossip Girls, she had not seen the show ever and just went through a couple of episodes after getting cast in order to catch up with the plot.
- She has been friends with actresses Julie Davenport and Stacy Linn Ramsower since her childhood.
- She loves devouring her favorite Italian subs.
- Follow her on Instagram and Twitter.
Featured Image by Joella Marano / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0