|Keith Morris Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||September 18, 1955|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
Keith Morris is an American singer, songwriter, actor, and voiceover artist who is best known for having been the frontman of the hardcore punk bands Black Flag, Circle Jerks, and Off!. He has worked on several musical projects including Nervous Breakdown, Wild in the Streets, Golden Shower of Hits, Midnight Snack Break at the Poodle Factory, Gig, Wasted Years, and Oddities, Abnormalities and Curiosities.
Hermosa Beach, Los Angeles County, California, United States
Keith Morris studied at Mira Costa High School located in Manhattan Beach, California, and graduated in 1973. Then, he also took fine art and painting classes at Pasadena Arts Center.
Singer, Songwriter, Actor, Voiceover Artist
- Father – Jerry Morris (Jazz drummer who later opened a bait shop)
SST Records, Frontier Records, Allegiance, Combat, Mercury Records
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
72 kg or 158.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
- Deep-set eyes
- Long hair
Keith Morris Facts
- He was raised in Hermosa Beach, California.
- His father became friends with jazz record producer Ozzie Cadena and later both men’s sons, Keith Morris and Dez Cadena, became the members of Black Flag.
- Growing up, he used to do drug but has been sober since the 1980s.
- Keith Morris co-founded the punk rock band Black Flag (previously known as Panic) along with guitarist Greg Ginn in 1976. However, Keith left the band in 1979.
- With Black Flag, he released the band’s debut extended play, Nervous Breakdown, in January 1979 via SST Records.
- In 1979, he formed the hardcore punk band Circle Jerks along with former Redd Kross guitarist Greg Hetson. The band released its first studio album, Group S*x, on October 1, 1980, through Frontier Records and it was included in the book 1001 Albums You Must Hear Before You Die.
- Keith Morris is also a member of the hardcore punk supergroup, Off!, alongside Burning Brides frontman Dimitri Coats, Redd Kross bassist Steven Shane McDonald, and Rocket From The Crypt/Hot Snakes drummer Mario Rubalcaba.
- His early musical influences included artists and groups like Bob Seger, Foreigner, Montrose, Styx, Deep Purple, Black Sabbath, Queen, Ten Years After, Status Quo, Uriah Heep, UFO, the Scorpions, Aerosmith, Ted Nugent, and the MC5.
- He was diagnosed with adult-onset diabetes in the year 1999.
- As an actor, Keith Morris has been a part of a number on projects such as Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Sid and Nancy, Repo Man, Loren Cass, Pathology, Down the Highway, and Feds.
Featured Image by SteveHopson / Wikimedia / CC BY 2.5