|Kelly Doty Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||July 10, 1983|
Kelly Doty is an American tattoo artist and television personality who came into prominence after getting featured on the reality competition TV show Ink Master (2016-2019). She has starred in a number of other programs on the small screen including Ink Master: Angels (2017-2018) where she had been the host. Doty has garnered more than 600k followers on Instagram.
Connecticut, United States
Tattoo Artist, Television Personality
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
She often tends to dye her hair in different shades.
- Expressive eyes
- Strange or amusing facial expressions (intentional)
- Piercings on her face
- High cheekbones
- Tattoos on her body
She has endorsed or promoted several brands such as Eternal Ink.
Kelly Doty Favorite Things
- Friend – Kristin Welch who has been her best pal since they were 12 years old
Source – Monsters And Critics
Kelly Doty Facts
- She began tattooing in 2007. She has stated that her grandfather had always been supportive of her as a tattoo artist.
- Kelly has been a fan of creating creatures that are creepy and cute at the same time. She has proclaimed her tattooing style to involve haunting as well as spooky illustrative female faces that have a pop-ish surrealist edge. She has enjoyed doing pretty horror work displayed in oversized expressions that have the undercurrent of malice, mischief, and madness.
- Kelly and her best friend Kristin Welch have started and owned the Helheim Gallery. Their other two best buddies have been the artists at the shop having led to them having a great time hanging out together at the place. She has liked how the art gallery/tattoo studio has been devoted usually to darker kinds of art that shock and startle. It has been a tattoo studio too and she has felt lucky to have a consistent stream of guest artists who come through, having initially been apprehensive about whether or not they would be well received by the locals.
- Doty has affirmed that she had thoroughly relished being a part of Ink Master: Angels. As different artists were competing on the program, the first thing she would look for when selecting them would be strong fundamentals as there lies the building blocks of a good tattoo. Kelly has believed that a truly versatile artist will always have strong consistent linework, even shading with saturated colors, and would never damage the skin while working. She has also looked for somebody to be highly creative and convey a story, think outside the box and do something extra that was not asked, which would show how much he or she really loved tattooing.
- Kelly has disclosed to have been influenced a lot from her traveling, that has opened her eyes to try other styles. She has frequently visited New Orleans, and was fascinated to learn about the Casket Girls there and hear the story having been moved and motivated greatly by interesting stories. Anywhere she has gone, she has tried to know a little bit about the area and find out some kind of folklore, and cherished getting behind it and illustrating it. She has recalled having been hugely impacted also by going to Paris and seeing the gargoyles on all the cathedrals.
Featured Image by Kelly Doty / Instagram