|Key Glock Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||August 3, 1997|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Key Glock is an American rapper, best known for his 2nd mixtape, Glock Season (2017). He rose to prominence as the protégé of a fellow Memphis rapper, Young Dolph, who is also his cousin through marriage.
South Memphis, Memphis, Tennessee, United States
- Memphis, Tennessee, United States
- Atlanta, Georgia, United States
He attended Hamilton High School in Memphis, Tennessee, United States.
- Father – He passed away in February 2018.
- Mother – Tameika Cathey
- Others – Young Dolph (Cousin Through Marriage) (Rapper)
Key Glock is represented by –
- Apa Agency (Talent Agent, Touring)
- Daddy’O CEO/Paper Route Empire (Manager) in Memphis, Tennessee, United States
Paper Route Empire
6 ft or 183 cm
72 kg or 158.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
- Multiple tattoos
- Wide nose
- Often wears teeth grills
Key Glock has endorsed brands such as –
He is religious.
Key Glock Facts
- When Key was 18 months old, his mom was sent to prison and stayed there for the next 16 years. He was raised by his grandmother, with whom he visited his mom in prison from time to time.
- His dad was in and out of his life growing up.
- He grew up listening to rappers such as Lil Wayne and Gucci Mane.
- Key has listed a Memphis hip hop group, Three 6 Mafia, as his biggest influence. It officially consisted of 6 members – DJ Paul, Lord Infamous, Juicy J, Koopsta Knicca, Crunchy Black, and Gangsta Boo.
- The 1st song he recorded was in 2011 which was a freestyle version of Ain’t No Way Around It by Future.
- He was in honors classes during school and only cared about passing with the least amount of effort possible.
- His aunt is married to Young Dolph’s uncle.
- Key’s aunt called Young Dolph and suggested that he get him under his wing. Young Dolph immediately approached him after he heard one of his songs, On My Soul, playing on a local Memphis radio.
- Before he rose to fame after Young Dolph and Daddy’O CEO signed him to their Paper Route Empire label in 2017, Key independently released his debut mixtape, Whole Lotta Errthang, on May 26, 2016.
- The name of his debut mixtape is also the name of the crew he created with the 2 of his high school best friends. One was tragically gunned down at the age of 16 while the other, Ken, was the same age as him.
- He has stated that the music of a fellow rapper Project Pat changed his life for the better and he called him the “Drake of Memphis.”
- Key listed 2 songs released by Project Pat as the most influential, Gorilla Pimp and If You Ain’t From My Hood. The 1st song inspired one of Key’s best-known songs, Dig That from the mixtape Glock Season (2017).
- Key has been named “Memphis’ best new lyricist” by The FADER magazine in the past.
- He enjoys smoking marijuana.
- It was constantly suggested to him that he should be a featured artist on other projects to reach a higher peak in his career. Key decided to do it in his own way, regardless of the time it took to reach the same career peak.
- Key moved to Atlanta, Georgia, due to the sheer number of opportunities for his career. He was also constantly tense and had to look over his shoulder in Memphis but still often traveled back for business.
- He performed between 100 and 150 shows in 2018.
- It was his idea to record and release a collaborative mixtape, Dum and Dummer with Young Dolph in July 2019.
- Just like Dolph, Key is also a luxury car enthusiast and collector.
- When he earned a considerable sum of money, Key bought his mom a brand new Mercedes-Benz.
Featured Image by Key Glock / Instagram