|Keysher Fuller Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||July 12, 1994|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Keysher Fuller is a Costa Rican professional soccer player who has represented, as a defender, Generación Saprissa Tibas (2013-2016), C.S. Uruguay de Coronado (2016-2017 Uruguay de Coronado), Municipal Grecia (2017-2018), and C.S. Herediano (2018-Present) in Costa Rica. With C.S. Herediano, Keysher won the Liga FPD: Apertura title in both 2018 and 2019. These were the club’s 27th and 28th Liga FPD titles. As of December 2022, it was the 3rd most successful team in the competition. Liga FPD is the top professional soccer division in Costa Rica and holds 2 tournaments per year – Apertura and Clausura. Both tournaments follow the same format – 22 games per team in a double round-robin league stage followed by a playoff stage. In the playoff stage, the top 4 teams in the league stage participate in a 3-match double-legged straight knockout competition. If the team that won the league stage also wins the playoff stage, it is crowned as the Apertura/Clausura champion. If not, the winners of the league stage and the playoff stage face off in a double-legged final to determine the Apertura/Clausura champion. At the international level, Keysher has represented Costa Rica, making his senior national debut in February 2019.
Keysher Fuller Spence
Limón, Costa Rica
Professional Soccer Player
- 4 – Costa Rica
- 37 – Municipal Grecia, C.S. Herediano
6 ft or 183 cm
78 kg or 172 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Afro-Costa Rican descent.
- Toned physique
- Short-cropped, afro hair
- Cheerful smile
- Sports a thick beard
He has been sponsored by Nike, Inc., an American multinational footwear, apparel, and sports equipment brand.
Keysher Fuller Facts
- He began his junior career with the youth academy of the top-flight Costa Rican professional soccer club Deportivo Saprissa. He began turning out for the club’s 2nd division reserve team in January 2012. His senior career started in 2013 when he started representing Generación Saprissa Tibas, the reserve team of Deportivo Saprissa.
- With C.S. Herediano, Keysher won the 2018 edition of the CONCACAF League, an annual 2nd-tier continental club soccer competition organized by CONCACAF (Confederation of North, Central America, and Caribbean Association Football), one of the 6 constituent continental governing bodies of FIFA (Fédération Internationale de Football Association). This was the club’s 1st such title.
- In March 2019, a month after making his senior national debut for Costa Rica, he scored his first senior-level international goal for the country – the only goal in a 1-0 win over Jamaica in a friendly match.
- At the 2022 edition of the FIFA World Cup, in Costa Rica’s 2nd group stage match, against Japan, Keysher scored the only goal of the game in a 1-0 victory. This was just his 3rd senior-level international goal for Costa Rica.
- Costa Rica could not advance to the knockout stage of the tournament, though, as this win was sandwiched by 2 heavy defeats – a 7-0 hammering by 2010 champions Spain and a 4-2 defeat against 2014 champions Germany. Costa Rica’s 7-0 defeat against Spain was the worst defeat suffered by any team in the tournament. Consequently, Costa Rica ended up with a goal difference of -8, the worst in the tournament’s group stage.
Featured Image by Keysher Fuller / Instagram