|Khushbu Sundar Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||September 19, 1970|
Khushbu Sundar is an Indian actress, producer, television presenter as well as a politician who is widely recognized for her work mainly in the South Indian film industry. She has starred in numerous movies like Chinna Thambi (1991), worked in a number of TV shows including Lakshmi Stores (2018–2020), produced several of them like Kalki (2004–2006) and anchored many such as Jackpot (2002–2010). She has also appeared as a judge on reality shows like Junior Super Star (2016). Khushbu has been the recipient of several awards including the Tamil Nadu State Film Awards for “Best Actress” in 1991 and 1995 and the Kerala State Film Award – Special Mention in 2006.
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
She attended Swami Muktananda High School in Mumbai.
Actress, Producer, Politician, Television presenter
- Mother – Najma Khan
- Siblings – She has 3 brothers named Abdullah, Abu Bakker and Ali among whom Abdullah has been an actor.
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
71 kg or 156.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
She has dated –
- Prabhu – She had a live-in relationship with the Tamil actor Prabhu that lasted for 4 years.
- Sundar C (1999-Present) – She tied the knot with the film actor, director and producer Sundar C in 2000. They have 2 daughters named Avantika and Anandita.
Race / Ethnicity
She often tends to dye her hair in different shades.
She has endorsed or promoted several brands such as CavinKare’s Meera.
She has converted from Islam to Hinduism.
Khushbu Sundar Favorite Things
- Her Second Home – London
- Adores – Her pet dogs Snoopy, Leo, Kulfi, and Nila
Khushbu Sundar Facts
- Her father used to visit superstar Hema Malini’s mother Jaya Chakravarthy as he was trying to get his oldest son a scope in the movies. One day after he had casually talked about his daughter, Jaya had expressed her wish to see her. Upon meeting Kushboo, she was delighted and recommended her to Ravi Chopra. Chopra signed her for the Hindi film The Burning Train (1980) with which she debuted her acting career, as a child artist.
- She joined the Indian National Congress on November 26, 2014, after meeting with the Congress President and the Vice-President at the time respectively, Mrs. Sonia Gandhi and Mr. Rahul Gandhi. Khushbu has been the National Spokesperson of the AICC.
- She named her production house Avni Cinemax after her daughters.
- During the time that she was the leading heroine of Tamil cinema, she became the 1st ever Indian actress for whom a dedicated temple was built by fans. Also, a variety of food items in South India were named after her such as “Kushboo Idli” and “Kushboo Coffee”, many of which have still retained those monikers.
Featured Image by Bollywood Hungama / BollywoodHungama.com / CC BY 3.0