|Kim Jae-joong Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||January 26, 1986|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Kim Jae-joong is a South Korean singer, songwriter, actor, and director who is best known for his work as a member of the K-pop group JYJ and as a past member of the boy band TVXQ (2003-2010). In 2013, he had started to focus on working as a solo artist and expanding his reach in countries such as Japan and China. He has released the Korean solo studio albums WWW (2013) and No. X (2016), both of which had peaked at number 1 on the Gaon Music Chart. He has also released the Japanese solo studio albums Lawless Love (2019), Love Covers (2019), and Love Covers II (2020), all of which had peaked at number 1 on the Oricon Albums Chart. Besides his successful music career, he has acted in quite a few movies and TV series.
Gongju, South Chungcheong, South Korea
Seoul, South Korea
Kim Jae-joong had attended the Gongju Jungdong Elementary School, the Kongju National University Middle School, the Kongju Information High School, but had eventually dropped out in 2001. He later joined the Hanam High School in 2005 and ultimately attended the Kyung Hee Cyber University, where he majored in digital media engineering.
Singer, Songwriter, Actor, Director
- Others – Yoosoon Kim (Adoptive Sibling), Sookjin Kim (Adoptive Sibling), Sooyoung Kim (Adoptive Sibling), Seonhee Kim (Adoptive Sibling), Minkyung Kim (Adoptive Sibling), Mikyeong Kim (Adoptive Sibling), Jinhee Kim (Adoptive Sibling), Ahyoung Kim (Adoptive Sibling)
- SM Entertainment Co.
- C-JeS Entertainment
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
He is of South Korean descent.
He often tends to dye his hair red, blonde, green, blue, pink, purple, silver, or platinum.
- Slender frame
- Center-parted, disheveled hair
- Charming smile
- Clean-shaven look
Kim Jae-joong Facts
- At a very young age, his biological mother had given him up for adoption and his name was changed from Han Jae-joon to Kim Jae-joong.
- When he was 15 years old, he had traveled to Seoul on his own to participate in an audition being conducted by SM Entertainment, South Korea’s largest entertainment company. To sustain himself in the megacity, he used to work several odd jobs and even appear as an extra in movies.
- In September 2013, he had launched a fashion brand called Moldir. He had served as the company’s art director and was its largest shareholder until the firm was closed in March 2020 for restructuring in the aftermath of financial difficulties arising due to the impact of the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Kim had revealed in an interview that he used to be tone-deaf in primary school and would often be mocked for his ‘impossible’ dream of becoming a singer. He mentioned that he overcame his difficulties through hours of practicing music and singing in solitude.
- A multi-skilled personality, Kim has also published 2 cookbooks – Romantic Recipes Volume 1 (July 2018) and Romantic Recipes Volume 2 (August 2019). The former was focused on French cuisine and was written/published in Japanese. The latter had revolved around Korean dishes and was written/published in both Korean and Japanese.
Featured Image by Kim Jae-joong / Instagram