|Kim Yo-jong Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||September 26, 1987/89|
Kim Yo-jong is a North Korean politician who is the younger sister of Kim Jong-un. She became the First Deputy Director and de facto leader of the Propaganda and Agitation Department of the Workers’ Party of Korea (WPK) in the year 2014 and has also served as an alternate member of the Politburo of the Workers’ Party of Korea.
She was born on September 26, 1987/89.
Pyongyang, North Korea
Pyongyang, North Korea
Kim Yo-jong studied at the Liebefeld-Steinhölzli Public School located in Bern, Switzerland. Later, she attended Kim Il-sung University and received a degree in Computer Science.
- Father – Kim Jong-il (North Korea’s first Supreme Leader from 1994 to 2011)
- Mother – Ko Yong-hui (North Korean supreme leader Kim Jong-il’s consort)
- Siblings – Kim Jong-un (Older Brother) (Politician who became the Supreme Leader of North Korea in 2011 and the leader of the Workers’ Party of Korea in 2012), Kim Jong-chul (Older Brother) (Politician)
- Others – Kim Il-sung (Paternal Grandfather) (Founder and first Supreme Leader of North Korea), Kim Jong-suk (Paternal Grandmother) (Korean Anti-Japanese Guerrilla, Communist Activist), Kim Jong-nam (Half-Brother) (Politician), Kim Sol-song (Half-Sister) (Politician), Ri Sol-ju (Sister-In-Law, Kim Jong-un’s Wife) (First Lady of North Korea)
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
50 kg or 110 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Kim Yo-jong has dated –
- Choe Song (2015-Present) – She got married to Choe Song, the son of government official Choe Ryong-hae, in January 2015 and the duo parents a child born in May 2015.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Korean and Japanese descent.
- Deep-set eyes
- Powerful persona
Kim Yo-jong Facts
- She is the youngest child.
- She mostly grew up living at her mother’s residence in Pyongyang.
- Kim Yo-jong shares a close bond with her brother Kim Jong-un which was supposedly developed while they were studying at the Liebefeld-Steinhölzli public school. It was also during this time that she assumed the name ‘Pak Mi-hyang’.
- On February 9, 2018, she became the first member of the ruling Kim dynasty to visit South Korea since the Korean War when she attended the 2018 Winter Olympics opening ceremony held in Pyeongchang, South Korea.
- As the rumors of Kim Jong-un’s ill-health sparked in April 2020, Kim Yo-jong gained significant media attention as a possible successor of the government’s leadership in North Korea.
Featured Image by Kim Jinseok (Official photographer of Republic of Korea), Blue House (Republic of Korea) / www1.president.go.kr / Korea Open Government License Type I