|King Princess Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||December 19, 1998|
King Princess is an American singer-songwriter, multi-instrumentalist, and producer. She is best known for her single, 1950, which peaked at number 17 on the Billboard Alternative Songs chart. The lyrics of the song were even quoted on Twitter by Harry Styles. She has also gained popularity on social networking with over 600k followers on Instagram.
Brooklyn, New York City, New York, U.S.
She divides her time between Los Angeles and New York.
She took admission at the USC Thornton School of Music after graduating from high school. However, she dropped out after a year to pursue a career in music.
- Father – Oliver Herbert Straus, Jr. (Owner and Chief Engineer of ‘Mission Sound’)
- Mother – Agnes Patricia “Aggie” Mullaney (Businesswoman, Civil Rights Activist)
- Siblings – Unknown
- Others – Oliver Herbert Straus (Paternal Grandfather), Sally Goodrich Strong (Paternal Grandmother), Isidor Straus (Paternal Great-Grandfather) (Businessman, Politician, Co-Owner of Macy’s Department Store), Ida Straus (Paternal Great-Grandmother) (Homemaker), Richard F. Mullaney, Jr. (Maternal Grandfather), Mary Lou (Maternal Grandmother)
Vocals, Bass, Guitar, Piano, Drums
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
54 kg or 119 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
King Princess has dated –
- Amandla Stenberg – King Princess and actress Amandla Stenberg made their relationship public in June 2018.
Race / Ethnicity
She has Dutch (including Frisian), English, Ashkenazi Jewish, Irish, Italian, Cornish, French, Scottish, and Welsh ancestry.
Dark Brown (Natural)
She has either endorsed or promoted brands like Teva sandals.
Best Known For
Her first single, 1950, which peaked at number 17 on the Billboard Alternative Songs chart. The lyrics of the song were quoted on Twitter by Harry Styles and Kourtney Kardashian posted them on Instagram.
As a Singer
King Princess released her first extended play, Make My Bed, in June 2018. It peaked at number 1 on the Official New Zealand Music Chart. It included songs like 1950 and Talia.
First TV Show
She made her first TV show appearance on Later in 2018.
King Princess Favorite Things
- Childhood Idols – Led Zeppelin, T. Rex
- Books – The Price Of Salt by Patricia Highsmith
Source – I-D Magazine
King Princess Facts
- She wrote her first single, 1950, in 2016 while coming out of the shower in her dorm at the University of Southern California.
- She recorded 1950 two days after it was written in hopes that it would get released someday.
- She took the stage name ‘King Princess’ as according to her, it describes the feeling of her music and the fact that it is different and weird.
- Her great-grandparents died in the sinking of the RMS Titanic.
- King Princess practically grew up in her father’s Brooklyn studio, messing around with different instruments and equipment.
- As a child, she was obsessed with Jack White, amps, pedals, and shredding and started making her own music at a very young age.
- Visit her official website @ kingprincessmusic.com.
- Follow King Princess on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.
Featured Image by King Princess / Instagram