|Kıvanç Tatlıtuğ Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1.5 in|
|Date of Birth||October 27, 1983|
|Spouse||Basak Dizer Fransez|
Kıvanç Tatlıtuğ is a Turkish actor known for appearing in popular TV shows like Kuzey Güney, Menekşe ile Halil, Aşk-ı Memnu, and Cesur ve Güzel. He has done endorsement work for brands like Vestel, Royal Ceramica, Head and Shoulders, and Turkish Airlines. He has a huge social media fan base with more than 2 million followers on Instagram, more than 2 million followers on Twitter, and more than 3 million followers on Facebook.
Kivanç Tatlitug went to the Yenice Çağ Private High School, which is located near his hometown of Adana. He later got enrolled at Istanbul Kultur University and graduated in 2013.
- Father – Erdem Tatlıtuğ (Baker)
- Mother – Nurten Tatlıtuğ
- Siblings – Tugay Tatlıtuğ (Brother), Cem Tatlıtuğ (Brother), Melisa Tatlıtuğ (Sister)
Kıvanç Tatlıtuğ is represented by Gaye Sokmen Talent Agency.
6 ft 1½ in or 186.5 cm
79 kg or 174 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Kıvanç Tatlıtuğ has dated –
- Azra Akin (2002-2008, 2011-2012, and 2012-2013) – Kıvanç has had an on and off relationship with the Turkish model and actress, Azra Akin. They first started dating in 2002. They decided to end their relationship in 2008. Some sources contended that they had separated well before 2008. They decided to get back together in 2011 and broke up for the 2nd time in February 2012. However, after living apart for about 2 months, they decided to give their relationship another try in April 2012. Over the summer, she introduced Kıvanç to her parents and they went on a couple of foreign trips. In October 2012, it was even reported that they were all set to get married. However, by the start of 2013, they decided to end their relationship for good.
- Sedef Avci (2006-2008) – Towards the end of 2006, Kıvanç was linked by the Turkish media with actress and model Sedef Avci. It was claimed that their romance had blossomed on the sets of the romantic drama TV series, Menekşe ile Halil.
- Meltem Cumbul (2008-2010) – The reports of Kıvanç dating model and actress Meltem Cumbul first surfaced in December 2008 after they were spotted getting cozy at the Zekeriyaköy Fincan Café. They ended their relationship in 2010.
- Idil Firat (2010) – Kıvanç was first reported to be dating socialite Idil Firat in March 2010 after they were spotted together. However, their relationship didn’t last beyond the end of the year. Their 7 months-long affair came to an end because they weren’t able to find time for each other from their busy and conflicting work schedules.
- Florence Eugene (2013) – Kıvanç first met French model Florence Eugene in 2012 while shooting the commercial for Magnum. They were reported to be dating in July 2013, after she was spotted with him on his bike in the resort town of Marmaris. It was claimed that they had been seeing each other for quite some time.
- Basak Dizer Fransez (2013-Present) – Kıvanç started dating stylist and designer Basak Dizer Fransez in November 2013. They got married in February 2016. The wedding ceremony was held in Turkish embassy in Paris and was only attended by their family and close friends.
Race / Ethnicity
He has Albanian and Bosnian ancestry on his father’s side and Turkish ancestry on his mother’s side.
- Blue eyes
- In 2011, Kıvanç Tatlıtuğ was made the face of the Istanbul Shopping Fest.
- He has also been featured in the print adverts for Rodi Jeans.
- He has appeared in the TV commercials for the following brands –
- Royal Ceramica
- Head and Shoulders
- Turkish Airlines
- Mavi Jeans
- TW Steel Watches
Best Known For
- Being cast in one of the male leading roles in the romantic drama TV series, Kuzey Güney.
- Having appeared in a number of popular TV shows such as Menekşe ile Halil, Aşk-ı Memnu, and Cesur ve Güzel.
In 2007, he made his theatrical film debut in the leading role in the comedy movie, Americans at the Black Sea.
First TV Show
In 2005, Kıvanç Tatlıtuğ made his first TV show appearance in the leading role on the Turkish drama TV series, Gümüş.
Kıvanç Tatlıtuğ Facts
- His family moved to Istanbul in a bid to get a better medical care for his ailing father.
- He started seriously playing basketball at the age of 14 and started excelling while he was studying in high school.
- In Istanbul, he played for established clubs such as Beşiktaş, Fenerbahçe, Ülkerspor, and Çukurova Kulübü as an under-18 professional player.
- He had to leave behind his dreams of becoming a professional basketball player after he dislocated his leg. He wasn’t able to completely recover from it.
- In 2002, he started his modeling career. Soon after, he was being hired to host shows and beauty pageants.
- In 2002, he was recognized as the Best Model of the World.
- Because of his dashing good looks, he is often called the “Turkish Brad Pitt“.
- After he signed a modeling contract with French agency Success, he moved to Paris and lived there for about one and a half years. He eventually returned to Turkey after receiving some acting offers.
- He has been selected by UNICEF as their Goodwill Ambassador in the past.
Featured Image by daly3d abd / Flickr / CC BY-2.0