|John Tui Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||June 11, 1975|
John Tui is a New Zealander actor, theatre artist, and voice actor known for playing Commander Anubis “Doggie” Cruger/Shadow Ranger in Power Rangers S.P.D., Daggeron/Solaris Knight in Power Rangers Mystic Force, Dollar in Shortland Street, Timbo in Go Girls, Bolg in The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies, Pestilox in Power Rangers Super Samurai, Travis Corfield in Shortland Street, Tavita in Sione’s Wedding, Korso in Solo: A Star Wars Story, Zack in Born to Dance, Kal Hobbs in Hobbs & Shaw, Chief Petty Officer Walter “Beast” Lynch in Battleship, and Siaosi in Leoleo io lou Uso.
Auckland, New Zealand
John Tui attended Unitec’s School of Performing and Screen Arts.
Actor, Theatre Artist, Voice Actor
John Tui has been repped by New Wave Entertainment, Talent Management Company, Burbank, California, United States.
6 ft or 183 cm
85 kg or 187.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
John Tui has dated –
- Liyah (2002-Present) – He got married to Liyah in the year 2002 and the duo parents 4 children, including twin sons.
Race / Ethnicity
John Tui is of Tongan descent.
John Tui Facts
- He was raised in Manurewa, New Zealand.
- In 2006, John Tui co-starred as Daggeron, the Solaris Knight, in Power Rangers Mystic Force, the 14th season of the American television series Power Rangers based on the Japanese 29th Super Sentai tokusatsu series.
- He was cast as Timbo, a senior mechanic at Easytune, in the comedy-drama television series, Go Girls, in 2009.
- John Tui appeared as Bolg, the son of the villainous orc leader Azog, in the 2014 epic high fantasy film, The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies, starring Martin Freeman, Ian McKellen, Richard Armitage, Evangeline Lilly, Luke Evans, Lee Pace, Benedict Cumberbatch, Orlando Bloom, Aidan Turner, Cate Blanchett, and others.
- He played the role of Kal Hobbs, Luke’s brother, in the 2019 American buddy action comedy film, Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw (also known simply as Hobbs & Shaw).
- Tui has also been cast in short films like Kei Hea te Kuri?, What Bro?, Briefcase, Lying Flat, and Fepaki.
- His theatrical credits including his roles such as Othello in Othello, Marcus Brutus in Julius Caesar, Servant to Claudius in Hamlet, Woodcutter in Blood Wedding, and Michael in Never Long Gone.
Featured Image by Eva Rinaldi / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0