Richard Crispin Armitage
Huncote, Leicestershire, England, UK
Armitage went to Huncote Community Primary School in Huncote, Blaby District.
After finishing primary school, Richard continued his schooling at the middle school Brockington College in Enderby. There Richard played cello and performed in orchestras.
At the age of 14, he transferred to Pattison College after he got a grant from the Leicestershire Authority and majored in Performing Arts (Drama and dance).
Richard graduated from Pattison College and achieved A Levels in both English and Music and also performed as an amateur actor in Half a Sixpence, Showboat, Orpheus and the Underworld and others.
In 1993, he joined a three year program at London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art (LAMDA).
- Father – John Armitage (Engineer)
- Mother – Margaret Armitage (Secretary)
- Siblings – Chris Armitage (Older Brother)
Richard has been signed with United Agents Ltd.
6 ft 2½ in or 189 cm
93 kg or 205 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Richard Armitage dated –
- Daniela Denby-Ashe (2004-2007) – Richard met the British actress Daniela Denby-Ashe on the set of the television drama North & South in 2004. They were RUMORed to be dating for several years until 2007.
- Annabel Capper (2013) – In the period from January 2013 until October 2013, Richard briefly dated another British actress Annabel Capper.
- Samantha Colley (2014-Present) – Armitage met actress Samantha Colley on the set of the theater play The Crucible (2014). Both actors dated for 2 years until June 16, 2016, when they got engaged.
Race / Ethnicity
- Baritone voice
- Blue-grey eyes
- Muscular body
Richard Armitage’s body specifications may be –
- Chest – 43 in or 109 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 14.5 in or 37 cm
- Waist – 33 in or 84 cm
Richard has voiced a commercial about Pure New Zealand.
Best Known For
His acts in numerous movies and TV series such as North & South (2004), The Hobbit film series (2012, 2013, 2014), Hannibal (2015), Spooks (2008-2010), Strike Back (2011), Robin Hood (2006-2009) and others.
Richard first performed as Naboo fighter pilot in the 1999 epic space opera film Star Wars: Episode I – The Phantom Menace. It was an uncredited role.
However, he had his debut in a featured role in the thriller movie Frozen (2005) as Steven.
First TV Show
In 1992, Armitage played the role as Man in pub in the episode 6 of 7th season of the TV series Boon.
First Theater Show
In 1995, Richard acted as Macliesh in the theater show The Long and the Short and the Tall. His character role was written by the British playwright, radio and television writer Willis Hall.
Richard had his debut narration in the TV series titled Robin Hood: Will You Tolerate This? (2006).
Despite Armitage has a muscular body and it is obvious that he spends time in the gym, we have no clue about his workout regime and what he goes through in one training session.
Richard Armitage Favorite Things
- Band – Bastille
- Musician – Sam Smith
- Book – The Lord of the Rings, The Goldfinch
- Star Wars Movie – The Phantom Menace (1999)
- Movie – La Reine Margot (1994)
- Fictional Character – Gollum
- French Food – Sugar pancakes with glass of red wine
- Weapon to fight in a movie – Orcrist
- TV Show – Fargo
Source – RichardArmitageNet.com
Richard Armitage Facts
- Armitage ca play guitar, flute, and cello.
- For his role as Lee in the TV series Cold Feet in 2003, Richard underwent an aqua aerobic training.
- When Armitage was 17, he went to a circus for six straight weeks in order to earn an Equity card.
- Before Richard became a professional actor, he worked in a warehouse packing boxes, at a laser gun place, and at the local theater.
- His acting career began with a musical theater.
- At the age of 24, he enrolled himself into the Royal Shakespeare Company for 18 months.
- He was given the name after King Richard III.
- Armitage is a fan of the TV series Damages (2007-2012).
- He really admires Michael Fassbender as an actor.
- He fears deep water and Japanese horror films.
- For his role in the movie The Crucible (2014) as John Proctor, he was nominated for the Olivier Best Actor Award in 2015.
- In 2016, he won the Saturn Award for his acts as Francis Dolarhyde in the TV series Hannibal (2015).
- Follow Armitage on Twitter.