|Lee Pace Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||March 25, 1979|
Lee Pace is an American actor, voice actor, and theatre artist who is known for playing the role of Thranduil the Elvenking in The Hobbit film trilogy, Aaron Tyler in the Fox comedy-drama series Wonderfalls, Joe MacMillan in the period drama television series Halt and Catch Fire, Ned in the ABC comedy-drama series Pushing Daisies, Fernando Wood in the biographical historical drama film Lincoln, and Ronan the Accuser in the superhero films Captain Marvel and Guardians of the Galaxy. Lee Pace’s film credits also include The Fall, Soldier’s Girl, Infamous, The White Countess, The Good Shepherd, Weathering with You, Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day, Possession, Driven, 30 Beats, A Single Man, Marmaduke, When in Rome, The Resident, The Program, Revolt, Ceremony, The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 2, The Keeping Hours, The Book of Henry, Bodies Bodies Bodies, and The Party’s Just Beginning.
Lee Grinner Pace
Chickasha, Oklahoma, United States
Lee studied at Klein High School in Spring, Texas with actor Matt Bomer.
After attending high school for a couple of years, he left it for acting at Houston’s Alley Theatre.
He became part of Group 30 (1997-2001) when he joined Juilliard School’s Drama Division in 1997.
Lee Pace finally graduated with a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree from Juilliard School.
Actor, Voice Actor, Theatre Artist
- Father – James Roy Pace (Engineer) (Vietnam veteran)
- Mother – Charlotte (née Kloeckler) (School Teacher)
- Siblings – William James Pace (Brother), Sally Pace (Sister)
- Others – Alton Pace (Paternal Grandfather), Ima Lee Utley (Paternal Grandmother), Forrest Henry Kloeckler (Maternal Grandfather), Rosalie/Rosella Margaret/Margurite Billen (Maternal Grandmother)
Lee Pace has been represented by these agencies –
- Creative Artists Agency
- Management 360
- William Morris Endeavor Entertainment, Talent and Literary Agency, Beverly Hills, California, United States
His net worth has been $5 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
6 ft 5 in or 196 cm
94 kg or 207 pounds
Boyfriend / Girlfriend / Spouse
Lee Pace has dated –
- James Calleri – Casting director, James Calleri and Lee Pace were RUMORed to be dating in the past.
- Carter Smith – Lee was again RUMORed to be dating American photographer, Carter Smith.
- Jason Moore (2006) – The film director Jason Moore and Lee Pace were RUMORed to be an item in the past. They separated in 2006. Jason and Lee used to live together in Manhattan.
- Anna Friel (2006-2007) – Lee worked with Anna in Pushing Daisies and they hooked up in 2006. They dated for about a year before breaking up in 2007.
- Richard Armitage (2012) – It was RUMORed that he had an affair with English actor Richard Armitage in the year 2012.
- Laura Donnelly (2015-2016) – Lee started dating Irish actor Laura Donnelly in 2015. They broke up in 2016.
- Matthew Foley (2017-Present) – He started dating Thom Browne‘s fashion executive, Matthew Foley in 2017. In November 2021, it was reported that the couple had tied the knot after Lee was spotted with a gold wedding band on his left hand during an interview. In August 2022, during an interview, Lee confirmed that they had tied the knot.
Race / Ethnicity
Lee has English, German, Scottish, and Welsh ancestry on his dad’s side, while he is of German descent on his mother’s side.
Lee came out as “Gay” in June 2018.
- Thick/bushy eyebrows
He is speculated to be wearing a shoe of size 12.
Lee Pace has appeared in Tiffany & Co commercial.
Best Known For
Playing Calpernia Addams in the drama film Soldier’s Girl (2003), as Thranduil the Elvenking in The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (2012), as Ronan the Accuser in the Guardians of the Galaxy (2014).
In 2003, Lee Pace appeared in the Canadian-American drama film Soldier’s Girl in his role as Calpernia Addams. For his performance, he won the “Gotham Award for Breakthrough Actor.”
First TV Show
In 2002, Lee Pace guest appeared in NBC’s police procedural TV series Law & Order: Special Victims Unit for his role as Benjamin Tucker in an episode titled “Guilt.”
Lee Pace Favorite Things
- Actor – Daniel Day-Lewis
- TV Show – The Real Housewives of New York City
Source – TV.com
Lee Pace Facts
- Lee lived in Saudi Arabia as a child for 6 years due to his dad’s job in the oil business there. Due to his dad’s job, he actually 10 times; sometimes in Texas, the Middle East, or Louisiana.
- He knows actor Matt Bomer since his school time and is good friends with him.
- Lee owns a white-haired pointer dog named Carl.
- For his debut film Soldier’s Girl (2003), he lost 25 pounds of body weight so as to fit in the character of Calpernia Addams.
- Pace likes to travel to different places in the world.
- In the 2013 film, The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug, Lee played the role of Orlando Bloom‘s father King Thranduil. For the character, he also wore blue contact lenses in that movie.
- He was cast as Garrett in the 2012 romantic fantasy film The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 2.
- In 2013, Empire magazine ranked him at #32 in the “100 Sexiest Movie Stars” list.
- Lee enjoys skydiving.
- After Will Smith and Robert Downey Jr., Lee is the third actor, whose each of the 5 films in a row have grossed $100 million at the US Box Office.
- In 2021, he brought to life the character of Brother Day in the science fiction streaming television series Foundation. For this performance, he got nominated for a Critics Choice Super Award in the “Best Actor in a Science Fiction/Fantasy Series” category.
- Alongside Amandla Stenberg, Maria Bakalova, Chase Sui Wonders, Pete Davidson, and others, he co-starred as Greg in the 2022 black comedy slasher film Bodies Bodies Bodies.