Los Angeles, California, United States
Her educational background is not known.
- Father – Tom Stenberg
- Mother – Karen Brailsford
- Siblings – Amandla has 2 older paternal half-sisters.
She is represented by these agencies –
- United Talent Agency
- One Management (Modeling and Endorsements)
5 ft 3 in or 160 cm
56 kg or 123½ pounds
Boyfriend / Girlfriend / Spouse
Amandla Stenberg dated –
- Jaden Smith (2014-2015) – From 2014 to 2015, actors Jaden Smith and Amandla Stenberg dated each other.
- King Princess – She and singer-songwriter King Princess confirmed that they were dating each other in June 2018.
Race / Ethnicity
She has African American ancestry on her mother’s side while she is of Danish descent on her father’s side.
- Big curly hair
- Thick eyebrows
33-26-34 in or 84-66-86 cm
8 (US) or 40 (EU)
As a child actress, she has appeared in numerous commercials such as Kmart, Walmart, McDonald’s, Marshalls Law, GMC SUV, Sutter Health, Buildthedream.org and many others. Watch the commercial compilation video on YouTube.
She was also seen in Stella McCartney ‘POP’ fragrance advertisement.
Amandla has also served as the youth ambassador for non-profit organization No Kid Hungry.
Best Known For
Playing young Cataleya in Colombiana (2011) and Rue in The Hunger Games (2012).
Amandla debuted with 2011 French action film Colombiana for her role as Young Cataleya. The older version of the character was played by Zoe Saldana.
First TV Show
Amandla first appeared in supernatural drama series Sleepy Hollow for her role as Macey Irving from 2013 to 2014 in 4 episodes.
Though, this was her first TV show, but not her first television appearance. In 2012, Amandla appeared in a TV movie A Taste of Romance for her role as Taylor.
Amandla keeps herself fit by regular yoga. She first started out yoga with her best friend Miabayre in 2014.
Amandla Stenberg Favorite Things
- Food – Japanese candy
- Movie – The Shining (1980)
Source – Standard
Amandla Stenberg Facts
- Amandla is a gifted musician and can play guitar, drums, and violin. She learned guitar from her dad.
- She describes herself as non-binary or gender-expansive.
- Stenberg is an intersectional feminist.
- In 2015, Ms. Foundation for Women titled her “Feminist of the Year”.
- In the Zulu language, her first name “Amandla” means “Power”.
- She was named by her mom after her mom listened to Miles Davis’ 1989 album, “Amandla.”
- Stenberg likes to do knitting.
- Her paternal grandmother had Greenlandic Inuit ancestry.
- At 4, she started doing modeling for Disney for their catalogs.
- She co-authored a comic book “Niobe: She is Life” with Sebastian Jones released in November 2015.
- She has also performed on-stage with singer Zander Hawley as a part of band Honeywater. She started this in 2013.
- Beyonce‘s younger sister, Solange Knowles is her style icon.
- Visit her official website @ amandlastenberg.com.
- Connect with Amandla on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and Tumblr.