|Kofi Kingston Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||August 14, 1981|
Kofi Kingston is a Ghanaian-American professional wrestler who is most popularly known for his performances under the Word Wrestling Entertainment (WWE). After signing a contract with WWE, he also started performing for the SmackDown brand. On top of his career achievements, he holds the title as the WWE champion, making him as the first African-born wrestler to make the cut into the list of WWE champions in history. Kingston, who was quick to pursue a career in professional wrestling just right after completing college, also rose to fame after becoming a member of The New Day alongside Ettore Ewen, known by his ring name Big E, and Austin Watson, known by his ring name Xavier Woods.
Shortly after debuting with WWE, he had spent his first few years being placed on the mid-card singles scene and became an Intercontinental Champion and the United States Champion. From August 2015 to December 2016, Kingston alongside Big E and Xavier Woods held the WWE (Raw) Tag Team Championship and broke the record for the longest Tag Team Championship reign in WWE history. At the time, the trio was also defending the titles under the Freebird rule. As of April 2019, another victory has been added to his records after defeating Daniel Bryan at the WrestleMania35 to win the WWE Championship.
Kofi Nahaje Sarkodie-Mensah
Kumasi, Ashanti, Ghana
Austin, Texas, United States
Though he was originally born in Kumasi, Ashanti, he relocated with his family to the United States. They settled in the greater Boston area where he attended the Winchester High School for his secondary education and later went to the Boston College.
Kofi Kingston is represented by the World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) Performance Center, WWE Training Facility, Orlando, Florida, United States.
6 ft or 183 cm
96 kg or 211.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Kofi Kingston has dated –
- Kori Campfield (2010-Present) – Kofi Kingston is married to model-actress Kori Campfield. The couple has 2 sons. In the past, a report claimed that their wedding took place in a private ceremony in 2010.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Ghanaian-American descent.
- Thick Eyebrows
- Toned Physique
- Long Jawline
Best Known For
His ring name Kofi Kingston under the company World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) where he performs on SmackDown and holds the title as the WWE Champion
First WWE Match
In September 2006, he signed with WWE and was assigned to Deep South Wrestling (DSW). He made his official WWE debut as Kofi Nahaje Kingston in a defeated match against Montel Vontavious Porter.
First TV Show
Apart from the broadcast of his wrestling matches, he made his TV show debut as ‘Himself’ on Ghost Hunters in 2010.
WWE champ Kofi Kingston is just like everyone else who probably likes to indulge on good food. But, unlike regular people who can eat any food they like, he surely has to take full control of what he eats given his profession as a wrestler who needs to stay in good shape especially when he’s preparing for another match. As per a report, Kingston shared a few details about his diet and how he usually keeps himself fit and healthy. For him, staying fit and healthy doesn’t always mean following the trend of diet and workout. He added that it’s extremely important to understand your body and what it precisely needs when it comes to the matter of dieting to be in shape and perfectly healthy.
Kingston also stressed out the importance of staying away from processed foods. He has stopped eating red meat and prefers more natural food to be served on the table. Though he admitted of often failing on his water consumption, Kingston said that keeping the body hydrated is also one thing that must strictly be included on to ensure a healthy diet.
As for his training routine, he would usually have a four-week program focused on power-lifting exercises. From power-lifting, he’d change it to Olympic lifting for speed and explosiveness and then proceed to heavy workouts such as doing heavy squats to heavy dead-lifts. After that, Kingston also does resistance training using bands or chains and then switch it up again to a different workout plan for the week. Workout and diet are clearly two things that should be on top of the checklist for wrestlers like Kingston but he also quickly added that getting enough rest is as important as the actual workout.
Kofi Kingston Favorite Things
- Sports – Basketball
- Professional Wrestler – Shawn Michaels
Kofi Kingston Facts
- Kingston has a huge social media fan base with his Facebook hitting more than 3.5 million followers, his Twitter with more than 2.5 million followers, and his Instagram with more than 1 million followers.
- He once broke his opponent’s leg back in his high school wrestling years.
- He has his very own doll-size version for everyone to keep. Kingston is available as a toy action figure in a variety of outfits and styles.
- His born name was shortened to Kofi Kingston after signing a developmental deal with WWE in 2007.
- He was a star wrestler in high school.
- He was originally billed as being from Kingston, Jamaica, debuted using the same Jamaican character as he did on the independent circuit but dropped the accent in later 2009 and started being billed from his home country, Ghana.
- Using the nickname Mr. 24/7, Kingston used to appear on Xavier Wood’s YouTube channel UpUpDownDown in the past.
- His trademark moves inside the wrestling ring include the New Day Boom Drop, SOS, and Trouble in Paradise (Finishing Move).
- In 2012, Kingston guest-starred in an episode of Disney XD’s Kickin’ It.
Featured Image by Miguel Discart / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0