|Koke (Footballer) Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9¼ in|
|Date of Birth||January 8, 1992|
Koke is a Spanish footballer who was born in 1992. He plays as a midfielder for his team Spain internationally and also plays for Atlético Madrid. He played the FIFA Russia 2018 World Cup after getting shortlisted by the Spanish team’s manager, Julen Lopetegui.
Jorge Resurrección Merodio
Koke went to the youth academy of Atlético Madrid for his soccer education.
Professional Soccer Player
- Father – Eugenio Resurrección
Koke is represented by Inaki Espizua.
6 – Atletico Madrid
8 – Spain
5 ft 9¼ in or 176 cm
74 kg or 163 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Koke has dated
- Beatriz Espejel (2011-Present) – Koke started dating Beatriz Espejel (who holds a diploma in Teaching of Physical Education and Teaching of Foreign Language from the Complutense University of Madrid and Camilo José Cela University) in 2011. After having dated for 7 years, they got married in a romantic ceremony in May 2018, which was attended by a chosen few. They had kept location and other details of their wedding secret so as to ensure that the information wasn’t leaked to the press.
Race / Ethnicity
He has Spanish ancestry.
- Prominent Nose
- Square Jawline
Koke has signed an endorsement deal with Adidas. As per the terms of the deal, he is required to wear their cleats for his professional matches. He also endorses the brand through his social media posts.
He has also done the endorsement work for the popular haircare brand, Head & Shoulders.
Best Known For
His successful stint with the Madrid based Spanish giant, Atlético Madrid. He has won La Liga title and multiple UEFA Europa League competitions.
First Soccer Match
In September 2009, Koke made his professional debut for Atlético Madrid in a La Liga match against FC Barcelona. He was sent in as a second-half substitute in the 2-5 away loss.
In August 2013, he made his international debut for Spain in a 2-0 friendly win over Ecuador. He came in as Santi Cazorla‘s replacement in the second half.
- Passing Range
- Physical Presence
- Technical Ability
- Long Shots
- Work rate
Koke Favorite Things
- Role Models – Xavi, Juninho, and Andres Iniesta
Source – FIFA
- He joined Atlético Madrid’s youth system at the age of 8. And, since breaking into the main team, he has managed to establish himself as one of the most important players in the team.
- In June 2014, he signed a five-year contract extension with his childhood club as they sought to ward off interest from high profile clubs such as Manchester United and Barcelona.
- In October 2016, he was sent off for the first time in his career as he received two yellow cards in his side’s 1-0 loss to Sevilla.
- At the end of 2013-14 season, he was included in the La Liga Squad of the Season in recognition of his marvelous performances in the midfield as he helped his side to their first league title in 18 years.
- In 2018, he was included in the UEFA Europa League Squad of the Season. His side had won the competition by crushing Olympique de Marseille by 3-0 in the finals.
- In February 2011, he scored his first goal for Atletico Madrid after heading in Diego Forlán‘s cross in the 47th minute against Sevilla.
- Follow him on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Featured Image by Koke / Instagram