|Cansu Dere Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10¾ in|
|Date of Birth||October 14, 1980|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Cansu Dere started her career by competing in the Miss Turkey beauty competition. Although she wasn’t able to win the pageant, she managed to finish as a runner-up. Her participation in the competition gave her the necessary exposure and within a couple of years, she had started appearing in movies and TV shows. In 2005, she earned her big breakthrough as she was cast in the lead role in the TV show, Sila. She hasn’t looked back ever since and has garnered a huge fan base.
She is based in Istanbul, Turkey.
Cansu Dere went to Istanbul University and graduated with a degree in Archaeology.
Actress, Model, Presenter
- Siblings – Arda Dere (Brother)
Cansu Dere’s personal team takes care of her management and representation.
5 ft 10¾ in or 179.5 cm
56 kg or 123.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Cansu Dere has dated –
- Okan Bayülgen (2000-2002) – In 2000, Cansu started going out with actor and comedian, Okan Bayülgen. Their relationship lasted for about 1 and a half years. It was claimed that he had started seeing singer Deniz Seki, which effectively ended his relationship with Cansu. However, some sources even contended that he was, in fact, dating Seki, when Dere came along and he had simply gone back to his old partner.
- Gökhan Özoğuz (2004-2005) – Cansu was first linked with Gökhan Özoğuz, the lead vocalist of Turkish ska-punk band, Athena, towards the end of 2004. It was reported that they were spotted on a romantic date in Arnavutköy neighborhood of Istanbul. Then, in March 2005, they were again spotted together while holidaying in Madrid.
- Cem Yılmaz (2003-2009) – As per reports, Dere started going out with comedian and filmmaker, Cem Yılmaz, in 2003. They got engaged in 2006. However, they didn’t get married and decided to end their relationship in 2009.
- Cem Aydin (2012) – Cansu Dere was reported to be dating actor Cem Aydin, in 2012. However, their affair seems to have lasted only for a few months.
- Engin Akyürek (2018) – In January 2018, the Turkish media reported that Dere was having a secret affair with actor Engin Akyürek. It was claimed that they had been seeing each other for quite some time and for the sake of secrecy, they avoided going on dates and preferred to meet at his house in Anatolia.
- Metin Akdülger (2018) – In May 2018, it was revealed that Dere was dating actor Metin Akdülger. They had met through their mutual friend and were even featured together on the cover of the L’Officiel Turkiye. Dere, herself, sort of confirmed their relationship by putting a heart emoji in the caption of the Instagram post of the magazine cover.
Race / Ethnicity
Beautiful Round Eyes
Cansu Dere has appeared in the TV commercials for the following brands –
In 2005, she was also featured in a print advert for Hotiç, along with Mehmet Gunsur.
She has also used her social media activity to promote various products and brands such as Direct Message beachwear.
Best Known For
- Being cast in the lead role in the TV drama series, Anne. Both her acting and the show were highly praised by the critics.
- Having played an important role in the comedy-drama movie, El Yazısı
- Being cast as the female lead in the crime drama TV series, Ezel
In 2006, she made her theatrical film debut in the action movie, Son Osmanlı Yandım Ali.
First TV Show
In 2003, Cansu Dere made her first TV show appearance in the thriller adventure series, Alacakaranlik.
Cansu Dere Facts
- In 2000, she finished as the 3rd runner-up in the Miss Turkey beauty pageant.
- After completing her university studies, she decided to give acting a try and started her career in 2003.
- She got her first big breakthrough in 2005 when she was cast in the title role in the romantic TV series, Sıla.
- Cansu Dere further cemented her status as the next big star with her work in the Turkish action movie, Son Osmanlı Yandım Ali.
- She has managed to create a strong social media presence and has garnered over 1.5 million followers on her official Instagram account.
- Follow Cansu Dere on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Featured Image by Cansu Dere / Instagram