|Kristie Ray Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 3½ in|
|Date of Birth||August 3, 1971|
Kristie Ray is an American reality-TV star, dancer, actress, former commercial model, former gymnast, former fitness competitor, skincare salon owner, and paramedical esthetician. She is best known for starring in reality-TV shows Abby’s Ultimate Dance Competition (2012), Dance Moms (2012-2014), and Raising Asia (2014).
Torrance, California, United States
Southern California, United States
Reality-TV Star, Dancer, Former Gymnast, Former Commercial Model, Former Fitness Competitor, Paramedical Esthetician, Skincare Salon Owner, Actress
- Mother – Nana Vicky
- Siblings – Gina Alvarado-Samperio (Older Sister), Anthony (Older Brother)
- Others – Charles Marshall Ray Sr. (Father-in-Law), Yvonne Ray (Mother-in-Law). She has 7 siblings-in-law.
Kristie Ray is represented by Shawn Ray Productions (Company) in Southern California, United States.
5 ft 3½ in or 161 cm
51 kg or 112.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Kristie Ray has dated –
- Shawn Ray (2003-Present) – She married a former professional bodybuilder, author, producer, journalist, reality-TV star, model, and businessman, Shawn Ray, in April 2003. She gave birth to their 1st daughter, Asia Monet Ray, on August 10, 2005. Asia became a reality-TV star, dancer, singer, social media star, rapper, actress, model, songwriter, and gymnast. On April 30, 2008, Shawn and Kristie welcomed their 2nd daughter, Bella Blu Ray, to the world. Bella became a reality-TV star, social media star, gymnast, and dancer.
Race / Ethnicity
Mole above her upper lip
Kristie Ray Favorite Things
Personal Quotes – “Things don’t come easy… If you do something, do it 110 percent because if you wanna do things and you sacrifice to do it, you need to put in all that you have.” “Understand that you need to be grateful… Always be on your A-game.”
Source – Bustle
Kristie Ray Facts
- Both she and her daughter are born in the sun sign of Leo. Their birthdays are only 7 days apart.
- She was a gymnast as a child.
- Kristie enjoys watching all styles of dancing.
- She noticed Asia’s athleticism at a very young age. At just 18 months, she encouraged her daughter to start ice skating.
- She enrolled her older daughter in dancing classes when she was 2 years old.
- If her daughter Asia won a $100k reward on the 1st season of Abby’s Ultimate Dance Competition, Kristie would have used it to boost Asia’s dancing career.
- Her hobbies are going to dance competitions, concerts, and the theater.
- She got into an argument with Christi Lukasiak (mom of Chloe and Clara) and Jill Vertes (Kendall‘s mom) about whose kid cried on Dance Moms the most. Kristie stated that their children need to be able to take criticism to progress. She also suggested to Christi and Jill that they should leave Dance Moms if they aren’t happy with Abby Lee Miller‘s teaching.
- After she and her daughter Asia left Dance Moms, Lifetime offered them an opportunity to star in a spin-off reality-TV show, titled Raising Asia. It premiered on July 29, 2014, and followed the entire Ray family and what went behind the scenes as Asia developed her skills on stage.
- She doesn’t allow Asia to drink soda and sugary drinks and focuses on providing a balanced diet for the entire family. However, she allows Asia ‘cheat’ days in her diet when she needs them, as well as to eat cake at her friends’ birthday parties as any kid would.
- Kristie and her family have a fish named Sapphire, birds named Angel, Mikadu, and Mango, and a dog named Mochi.
- She struggled with dedicating enough time to Bella Blu due to Asia’s busy schedule. An added obstacle was that while Bella liked traveling, she used to get very homesick while on the road.
- She stated that she “doesn’t have time for hidden talents”. Her daughter, Asia, stated that Kristie’s hidden talent is the ability to style hair into a perfect dance bun in under a minute.
Featured Image by Kristie Ray / Twitter