|Leelee Sobieski Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||June 10, 1983|
Leelee Sobieski is an American artist and retired actress who is best known for portraying roles such as Sarah Hotchner in Deep Impact, Joan of Arc in Joan of Arc, and Tosia Altman in Uprising. She has also appeared in a variety of other TV shows and films such as Charlie Grace, Grace Under Fire, F/X: The Series, Hercules, NYC 22, The Good Wife, A Soldier’s Daughter Never Cries, Never Been Kissed, My First Mister, Here on Earth, The Glass House, In a Dark Place, The Wicker Man, 88 Minutes, and many more. As an artist, she paints and sculpts abstract work, and her first solo exhibit titled Channels debuted at the Journal Gallery in 2018. For her acting skills, she has been nominated for several awards such as the Young Artist Award and Teen Choice Award.
Liliane Rudabet Gloria Elsveta Sobieski
New York City, New York, U.S.
In 2001, Leelee graduated from Trevor Day School. Later, she went to Brown University from where she studied fine art and literature.
- Father – Jean Sobieski (Painter, former actor)
- Mother – Elizabeth Sobieski (née Salomon) (Film Producer and Screenwriter)
- Siblings – Robert Sobieski (Younger Brother)
- Others – Robert Salomon (Maternal Grandfather) (United States Navy Captain)
She is repped by these agencies –
- Paradigm Agency N.Y.
Her mom Elizabeth has also worked as her manager.
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
60 kg or 132 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Leelee Sobieski dated –
- Sean Lennon (2004) – Singer and musician Sean Lennon and Leelee were seen partying, kissing, and dancing at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in March 2004.
- Frank E. Flowers (2006-2007) – Caymanian independent filmmaker, Frank E. Flowers and Leelee dated for nearly a year from 2006 to 2007. He also gave her an expensive gift item (antique earrings) for which she had to pierce her ears to wear them.
- Matthew Davis (2008-2009) – Actor Matthew Davis and Leelee first met on the set of the 2009 film Finding Bliss in March 2008 and started dating each other. They got married in September 2008. But, the marriage didn’t last long and they split in November 2008. By February 2009, their divorce was also finalized.
- Adam Kimmel (2009-Present) – Finally, in January 2009, Leelee commenced dating fashion designer Adam Kimmel. Adam is the son of real estate developer, Martin Kimmel. On May 28, 2009, the couple got engaged. But this news was officially announced on July 17, 2009. They got married on August 31, 2010. The couple has two children, daughter Louisanna Ray (b. December 2009) and son Martin (b. August 2014).
Race / Ethnicity
Leelee is of Polish and Swiss descent on her father’s side while she is of Dutch, Russian, and Belarusian Jewish descent on her mother’s side.
35-25-35 in or 89-63.5-89 cm
4 (US) or 36 (EU)
She was raised in a pan-religious family.
Leelee has Jewish roots.
Best Known For
Appearing in films like Deep Impact (1998), and Eyes Wide Shut (1999), in the television mini-series Joan of Arc (1999), and in the TV film Uprising (2001).
Leelee first appeared in the 1995 film A Horse for Danny for her role as Danny Bara.
First TV Show
In 1995 again, Leelee appeared in a crime drama series Charlie Grace as Jenny Grace.
Leelee likes to eat ice cream and kids food such as mac and cheese. While she was pregnant and six months into her first pregnancy, she was still meeting with her personal trainer to do a little bit of exercises and long walks along the Hudson river.
Before a workout session, Leelee sometimes eats ice cream as it is her weakness and she can’t stop herself from it.
She sometimes used to eat ginger to keep her stomach proper and functioning.
Leelee Sobieski Favorite Things
- Food – Mac and cheese, ice-cream
- Ice-Cream Flavor – Häagen-Dazs coffee/vanilla bean, salty caramel by Jeni’s Splendid Ice Cream
- Favorite Place for Nails – Sweet Lily’s and Tenoverten
- Shoe Designer – Tabitha Simmons
- Bags – Céline, Moynat
Leelee Sobieski Facts
- Leelee is also good at French apart from English.
- Leelee lost her virginity at 26 after her marriage to Matthew Davis.
- She has been featured in the music video Where You Are by Jessica Simpson.
- Leelee learned French and painting from her dad.
- Sobieski enjoys doing ceramics, martial arts, poetry, painting, and horseback riding.
- Leelee was discovered by a talent agent in the cafeteria of her New York City school.
- She is not related to actress Helen Hunt but is often compared with her in terms of looks.
- Australian band Primitive Whore dedicated the song “Why Leelee won’t Love Me” to Leelee.
- Leelee was partly raised on a France-based ranch.
- She is not on social media.