|Leondre Devries Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||October 6, 2000|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Leondre Devries is a Welsh rapper, TV personality, actor, and social media star, best known as one half of the R&B, rap duo Bars and Melody that auditioned for the 8th season of the Simon Cowell-created TV show, Britain’s Got Talent in February 2014. Simon pressed the “golden buzzer” after they performed an original song, Hopeful, sending them straight into the semi-final. They ultimately finished in the 3rd place in the competition. By the end of 2014, they released a new song, Shining Star, in July, as well as an acoustic version of their single Hopeful and an EP of the same name. On August 21, 2015, Bars and Melody released their debut studio album, 143, which debuted at number 4 on the UK Album chart. In August 2016, the duo released their 2nd EP, Teen Spirit, as well as their debut Japanese album, Hopeful, which contained 14 tracks from 143 and Teen Spirit albums, and the single Hopeful in Japanese.
Bars and Melody released both their 2nd Japanese album, Never Give Up, and their 2nd studio album titled Covers in February 2017. In April 2017, the duo announced their 3rd studio album, Generation Z, which was ultimately released in September of the same year. After numerous tours and appearances, Bars and Melody released the debut single, CHOKE, from their album, announced for release in early 2019. However, the album was delayed and its release replaced with the release of singles, Love To See Me Fail in March 2019, and Waiting for The Sun, in July 2019. In July 2019, Bars and Melody also went on their CHOKE Tour across the United Kingdom, and also competed on the spin-off TV series, Britain’s Got Talent The Champions, which was set to air in November 2019. The duo has also amassed a large social media fanbase with more than 3.5 million subscribers on YouTube and more than 1.5 million followers on Instagram.
Leondre Antonio Devries
Bars, Little Dre, Little Dre Welsh Factor, Leo, Leondre The Lionn, Suhtorii
Port Talbot, Wales, United Kingdom
- Port Talbot, Wales, United Kingdom
- London, England, United Kingdom
Leondre attended Glan Afan Comprehensive School in Port Talbot, Wales, United Kingdom.
Rapper, Social Media Star, TV Personality, Actor
- Father – Antonio Devries (Stonemason, Music Promoter)
- Mother – Victoria Lee (Personal Trainer)
- Siblings – Jacob Lee (Older Brother), Joseph “Joey” Devries (Older Brother) (Singer),
Ben Lee (Older Brother), Matilda “Tilly” Devries (Younger Sister) (Singer)
Leondre Devries is represented by –
- Bars & Melody (Company, Talent Agent) Worldwide
- Bold Management (Talent Agent, Manager) in Liverpool, England, United Kingdom
Rap, Pop, Hip-Hop, R&B
- Syco Music
- 143 Records
- Zeneration Records
- A Better Now Records / Universal Music
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
60 kg or 132 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Leondre Devries has dated –
- Eloise Lindsay (2016) – On May 7, 2016, he tagged Eloise in a Twitter post, publicly acknowledging her as his girlfriend. He also asked his fans not to hate her because he was aware of a large female fanbase that he has accumulated. However, the couple later broke up.
- Carla Brocker (2018-2019) – Leondre started dating the 3-years older German Instagram star Carla Brocker in 2018. The two gushed over each other via social media and he even taught her how to snowboard in Austria for Women’s Day on March 8, 2018. Leon and Carla were also seen cooking together before breaking up at some point in 2019.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Welsh descent.
He has also dyed his hair ‘Black’, ‘Blonde’, and ‘Light Brown’ with ‘Blonde’ highlights in the past.
Signature long fringe haircut
Leondre was an ambassador for the Anti Bullying Charity campaign in the United Kingdom in 2016.
Best Known For
- Being a rapper in the R&B, Hip-hop, rap duo, Bars and Melody with his best friend, Charlie Lenehan, who was the duo’s singer, starting in 2014
- Competing in the 8th season of the TV talent show, Britain’s Got Talent in 2014 and finishing up in 3rd place
- Releasing numerous EPs including Hopeful (2014), and Teen Spirit (2016), as well as studio albums – 143 (2015), Covers (2017), and Generation Z (2017)
- His social media fanbase of more than 800k followers on his personal Instagram
Leondre Devries, as part of the duo Bars and Melody, released his debut studio album 143, under 143 Records, on August 21, 2015. The album debuted on the 4th spot in the UK Albums chart. The 1st release of the album consisted of 11 tracks, titled Hopeful, Breathe, Stay Young, Keep Smiling, Complicated, Stay Strong, Just Remember, 143, That Girl, Don’t Look Back, and Beautiful. The Deluxe version of the album contained 2 additional tracks – acoustic versions of the songs Beautiful and Stay Strong.
Leondre Devries made his first feature film debut as ‘Himself’ in the family film, Friday Download: The Movie (Up All Night) in 2015.
First TV Show
Leondre Devries made his first TV show appearance as a ‘contestant’ in an episode of Britain’s Got Talent in 2014
Leondre Devries Favorite Things
- Activities – Watching Movies, Paintball, Snowboarding, Bowling, Go-Karting
- Food – Hamburgers
- Animals – Cat, Dog
- Personal Quote – “Don’t be depressed, you da best!”
Leondre Devries Facts
- He had been bullied for 4 years before switching schools.
- He and Charlie met in September 2013 and formed Bars and Melody, where he was “Bars” and Charlie was “Melody”, in January 2014.
- Up until the day he auditioned for Britain’s Got Talent with Charlie in February 2014, he lived with his dad, and from that point on, began living with his mom.
- The song they auditioned with, Hopeful, wasn’t entirely an original. It was based on a song titled Hope, performed by Twista and Faith Evans. Leondre replaced the original verses with anti-bullying ones.
- They call their fanbase “BamFam” or “Bambino’s”.
- In May 2014, Leondre and charlie performed on The Ellen DeGeneres Show before the semi-finals on Britain’s Got Talent. On that night, they presented themselves with the song by Faith Evans and Puff Daddy titled I’ll Be Missing You, once again slightly altered.
- His older brother, Joseph “Joey” Devries, was a part of the 5-member boy band, Overload Generation, which competed on The X Factor TV show in 2014. They disbanded in 2015 after Joey left followed by a rant on Twitter.
- The video of their audition was at the 6th spot on the list of “Top 10 Trending Videos in 2014” on YouTube, according to Billboard.
- In August 2016, he and Charlie sat down to re-watch and react to their audition for Britain’s Got Talent from 2014.
- Leon’s dad threatened to sue his music group because he wrote the song Hopeful while having personal problems and they claimed the boys wrote it. In addition, Antonio, his dad, claimed the promoters forced them to move from the anti-bullying music theme and overworked them. Bars and Melody‘s management team stated that the boys were happy with their careers and they would solve the matter “quickly and amicably.”
- He mourned the death of Lil Peep in November 2017, as well as the death of XXXTentacion in June 2018.
- Leondre and Charlie released 2 albums of covers of well-known songs, simply titled Covers Part II (2017) and Covers, Pt. III (2018).
- He had streamed playing the video game Fortnite: Battle Royale for his fanbase on the Bars & Melody YouTube channel in 2018.
- Cats are his spirit animals.
- Visit his band’s official website @ barsandmelody.tv.
- Follow his band on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Apple Music, and Spotify.
- Follow him on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Ask.fm.
Featured Image by Leondre Devries / Instagram