|Rinku Dhawan Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||February 15, 1976|
Rinku Dhawan is an Indian actor and reality television personality who has been a part of a number of television projects which include the likes of Bigg Boss, Hum Paanch, Na Bole Tum Na Maine Kuch Kaha, Jaat Ki Jugni, Kya Hadsa Kya Haqeeqat, Itihaas, Yeh Vaada Raha, Palampur Express, Rakt Sambandh, Swabhimaan, Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii, Kaisi Yeh Yaariaan, Gupta Brothers, and Zindagi Khatti Meethi. Her film credits include the 2014 film Lekar Hum Deewana Dil.
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Actor, Reality Television Personality
- Mother – Anita Dhawan
- Siblings – Janvi Vora (Sister) (Actor). Rinku also has a brother.
- Others – Ashita Dhawan (Cousin) (Actor, Dancer, Raleity Television Personality)
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
65 kg or 143.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Rinku Dhawan has dated –
- Kiran Karmarkar (2002-2017) – She tied the knot with television, film, and theatre actor Kiran Karmarkar in the year 2002 and they parent a son named Eshaan. After being married for 15 years, the duo decided to separate in 2017 and eventually got divorced in 2019.
Race / Ethnicity
A tattoo of lord Shiva on her arm
Rinku Dhawan Facts
- Between 1995 and 1998, she appeared as Neetu in the DD National soap opera Swabhimaan.
- She was seen in the role of Phoolan (one of Anand & Beena’s granddaughters) in the television sitcom Hum Paanch in 1996. The show’s lead cast consisted of Ashok Saraf, Vidya Balan, Rakhee Tandon, Bhairavi Raichura, and Vandana Pathak.
- Rinku Dhawan was cast as Chhaya Agarwal in the Hindi-language soap opera Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii which ran on Star Plus from October 16, 2000, to October 9, 2008.
- She brought to life the character of Sudha in the Sony Entertainment Television drama series Palampur Express in 2009.
- From 2010 to 2011, she played Sarla Pankaj Jagirdar in the NDTV Imagine drama series Rakt Sambandh. The show serves as a remake of the Telugu series Ratha Sambandham which was aired on Gemini TV.
- Rinku Dhawan was seen as Renu Vyas (Sanjay’s wife and Tanmay’s mother) in the Hindi-language drama television series Na Bole Tum Na Maine Kuch Kaha from 2012 to 2013. The show starred Kunal Karan Kapoor and Aakanksha Singh.
- She appeared as Mridula Shetty in the 2014 Hindi-language romantic drama film Lekar Hum Deewana Dil, starring Armaan Jain and Deeksha Seth.
- In 2015, she was cast as Lajjo aka Lajwanti Sinha in the comedy drama series Zindagi Khatti Meethi.
- Along with Ankush Arora, Sonal Vengurlekar, Zain Imam, and Ahmad Harhash, Rinku Dhawan co-starred as Kamla Barve (Digambar’s wife who is Hema, Aniket, and Bindu’s mother) in the Hindi-language television romantic revenge drama series Yeh Vaada Raha from 2015 to 2017.
- She has appeared as the mother of Cabir Dhawan in the MTV India romantic comedy-drama series Kaisi Yeh Yaariaan.
- In 2017, Rinku Dhawan played the role of Phool Kumari Dahiya (Bittu’s mother) in the romantic action comedy-drama television show Jaat Ki Jugni. Her co-stars for the project included Vishal Vashishtha, Madirakshi Mundle, Yash Tonk, Richa Soni, and Rakesh Pandey.
- From 2020 to 2021, she played the recurring role of Amba Satya Prakash (Satya Prakash’s wife and Jaya’s mother) in the Star Bharat comedy-drama series Gupta Brothers. The first official Hindi television remake of the Tamil television series Pandian Stores by Star India, it stars Parineeta Borthakur, Hiten Tejwani, Aakash Mukherjee, Satya Tiwari, and Meet Mukhi.
- Rinku Dhawan appeared as a contestant on the 17th season of the Hindi-language reality television show Bigg Boss (also known as Bigg Boss 17: Dil, Dimaag aur Dum) in 2023. Hosted by Salman Khan, Rinku’s fellow contestants for the season included Ankita Lokhande, Mannara Chopra, Neil Bhatt, Munawar Faruqui, Aishwarya Sharma, Anurag Dobhal, Navid Sole, Jigna Vora, Sana Raees Khan, Soniya Bansal, Vicky Jain, Sunny Arya, Arun Srikanth Mashettey, and others.
Featured Image by Rinku Dhawan / Instagram