|Leonor Watling Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7½ in|
|Date of Birth||July 28, 1975|
Leonor Watling is a Spanish film actor, musician, singer, lyricist, director, writer, and voice artist. Along with Alejandro Pelayo and Óscar Ybarra, she has been one-third of the music band Marlango. The band’s discography consists of albums such as The Electrical Morning, Technicolor, El Porvenir, Life in the Treehouse, Automatic Imperfection, Marlango, and Un Día Extraordinario. In addition to that, Leonor Watling has also been a part of several shows and movies such as The First Night of My Life, La hora de los valientes, Besos al aire, Son de mar, A mi madre le gustan las mujeres, Talk to Her, La templanza, Deseo, My Life Without Me, Vivir sin permiso, En la ciudad, La mala educación, Mala leche, Nasdrovia, If I Were You, Pulsaciones, Crónicas, Asesinato en la Universidad, Querido maestro, The Secret Life of Words, Inconscientes, Malas temporadas, Tirante el Blanco, Lope, The Oxford Murders, Lo mejor de Eva, Raquel busca su sitio, and Paris, je t’aime.
Leonor Elizabeth Ceballos Watling
Leonor Watling studied at Santamarca High School in Madrid, Spain.
Actor, Musician, Singer, Lyricist, Director, Writer, Voice Artist
- Father – Gonzalo Ceballos (died when Leonor was a teenager)
- Mother – Gillian Watling
- Siblings – Leonor has 2 older brothers and an older sister.
- Others – Gonzalo Ceballos y Fernández de Córdoba (Paternal Grandfather), Remigia Sáenz de Cenzano y Ponce de León (Paternal Grandmother)
Leonor Watling has been signed with A6 Cinema, Talent Agency, Madrid, Spain.
Jazz, Blues, Rock
According to CelebrityNetWorth.com, her net worth has been $4 Million.
5 ft 7½ in or 171.5 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Leonor Watling has dated –
- Jorge Drexler – She is in a relationship with Uruguayan musician, singer, composer, actor, and doctor Jorge Drexler. They have 2 children – a son named Luca Drexler (b. January 2009) and a daughter named Lea Drexler (b. July 27, 2011).
Race / Ethnicity
Mixed (Hispanic and White)
Leonor Watling is of Spanish descent on her father’s side and has English roots on her mother’s side.
Leonor Watling Facts
- She is the youngest of 4 siblings.
- Leonor Watling was named one of the European films ‘Shooting Stars’ by European Film Promotion in 1999.
- Alongside Rosa María Sardá, María Pujalte, Silvia Abascal, Eliska Sirova, Chisco Amado, and Álex Angulo, Leonor co-starred as Elvira (an attractive but insecure 20-something) in the 2002 comedy film My Mother Likes Women (Spanish: A mi Madre le gustan las mujeres). This role won her the award for “Best Actress (film)” at the 53rd Fotogramas de Plata in 2003.
- She brought to life the character of Ann, The Neighbor in the 2003 Spanish-Canadian drama film My Life Without Me, based on the 1997 short story collection Pretending the Bed Is a Raft by Nanci Kincaid. Co-starring alongside Sarah Polley, Amanda Plummer, Scott Speedman, Deborah Harry, Maria de Medeiros, and Mark Ruffalo, Leonor Watling’s performance in the film won her the 59th CEC Medal for “Best Supporting Actress” and the 13th Actors and Actresses Union Award for “Best Actress in a Minor Role (film)”.
- In 2021, she started playing the role of Dr. Cabanas in the romantic comedy-drama television miniseries Blowing Kisses (Spanish: Besos al aire).
- Leonor Watling is bilingual and speaks Spanish and English.
Featured Image by Pedro J Pacheco / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 4.0