|Licypriya Kangujam Quick Info
|4 ft 1 in
|Date of Birth
|October 2, 2011
Licypriya Kangujam is an Indian student and environmental activist who is known for raising her voice to combat climate change and for founding The Child Movement (School of Nature & Humanities).
Bashikhong Village, Manipur, India
- Father – Kanarjit Kangujam Singh
- Mother – Bidyarani Devi Kangujam Ongbi
- Siblings – Chinglensana Singh Kangujam (Uncle) (Field Hockey Player)
4 ft 1 in or 124.5 cm
32 kg or 70.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
- Snub nose
- Confident nature
Licypriya Kangujam Facts
- She was just 7 years old when she began raising her voice to combat climate change and reduce the risk of disaster.
- By the time she was 9 years old, Licypriya had already spoken on TEDx 6 times.
- Licypriya is one of the youngest climate activists globally who has addressed world leaders at the United Nations Climate Change Conference 2019 (COP25) that was held in Madrid, Spain. She began campaigning for climate action in India in July 2018, to improve laws to curb India’s high pollution levels as well as to make climate-change literacy mandatory in schools.
- Her work has been compared to that of Swedish environmental activist Greta Thunberg. However, Licypriya does not like to be compared with her.
- Licypriya was honored with the title of “Rising Star” by the Earth Day Network headquarters that is located in Washington, D.C., the United States in the past.
- On May 31, 2021, Licypriya’s father was taken into custody under the charges of allegedly cheating several hotels, self-help groups, and individuals of more than Rs 19 lakh for a Global Youth Meet that had been organized in Imphal in 2014.
- She was presented with the “SDGs Ambassador Award 2019” at Chandigarh University by Dainik Bhaskar in collaboration with NITI Aayog, Government of India on November 19, 2019. Other than that, she was also presented with the “Global Child Prodigy Award 2020” in New Delhi by Lieutenant Governor of Pondicherry, Kiran Bedi on January 3, 2020.
- In June 2021, a story covered by The Times of India revealed that the awards such as Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Children Award or the India Peace Prize 2019 Award that was given to her were falsely presented to her by her father whose organization deals with such awards. Simultaneously, it was also revealed that the World Children Peace Prize Award that was supposedly given to her in 2019 also turned out to be a lie as the Institute for Economics and Peace clarified via Twitter that they did not issue any awards.
- During the Earth Day 2020 virtual conference in Washington, D.C., United States while the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic had taken over the world, Licypriya was featured alongside 50 other global leaders, influencers, athletes, celebrities, and musicians that included the likes of Bill McKibben, Pope Francis, Michelle Dilhara, Al Gore, Patricia Espinosa, Christiana Figueres, Zac Efron, Anil Kapoor, and Van Jones.
Featured Image By Licypriya Kangujam / Instagram