|Van Jones Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||September 20, 1968|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Van Jones is an American news commentator, author, and lawyer who has been a three-time New York Times bestselling author, a CNN host and contributor, and an Emmy Award winner. He is also known for serving as President Barack Obama‘s Special Advisor for Green Jobs in 2009 as well as for having worked with the Trump administration and members of Congress from both parties to pass a criminal justice reform effort known as the First Step Act, a criminal justice reform bill that was described by New York Times as “the most substantial changes in a generation” to national crime and sentencing laws.
Anthony Kapel Jones
Jackson, Madison County, Tennessee, United States
Van Jones studied at Jackson Central-Merry High School, a public high school in his hometown. he graduated from there in 1986 and later received his Bachelor of Science degree in communication and political science from the University of Tennessee at Martin (UT Martin).
He then moved to Connecticut to attend Yale Law School.
News Commentator, Author, Lawyer
- Father – Willie Anthony Jones (Middle School Principal)
- Mother – Loretta Jean (née Kirkendoll) (High School Teacher)
- Siblings – Angela Jones (Twin Sister)
6 ft 2 in or 188 cm
80 kg or 176.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Van Jones has dated –
- Jana Carter (2005-2019) – He married Jana Carter in the year 2005 and they parent 2 sons named Mattai and Cabral. However, the duo divorced in 2019.
- Kim Kardashian – RUMOR
- Noemi – After the COVID-19 lockdown, Van and his friend Noemi decided to have a child and become conscious co-parents. They welcomed a baby girl in February 2022.
Race / Ethnicity
Van Jones is of African-American descent.
- Tall stature
Van Jones Facts
- According to his sister, while growing up, Van Jones was “the stereotypical geek—he just kind of lived up in his head a lot”.
- He was honored as “Young Global Leader” by the World Economic Forum in 2008.
- In the year 2009, Time magazine’s included him in its list of the “100 Most Influential People in the World”.
- Rolling Stone magazine named Van Jones as one of the “12 Leaders Who Get Things Done” in 2012.
- He launched #cut50 in 2015 and the organization has focused on bi-partisan solutions to criminal justice reform issues. It has gained support from several celebrities including Amy Schumer, Steph Curry, Edward Norton, Alicia Keys, Jesse Williams, Chris Pine, Shonda Rhimes, Russell Brand, and Jessica Chastain.
- He has founded the media company Magic Labs Media.
- In 2020, Van Jones won the Emmy Award for “Outstanding Original Interactive Program” for The Messy Truth VR Experience, a virtual reality documentary.
- He has authored books like The Green Collar Economy: How One Solution Can Fix Our Two Biggest Problems and Rebuild the Dream.
Featured Image by Gage Skidmore / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 3.0