Edward Harrison Norton
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
In 1987, Edward graduated from Wilde Lake High School in Columbia.
Further, he went to Yale University and studied History. In 1991, Norton graduated with his Bachelor of Arts degree.
Actor, filmmaker, activist
- Father – Edward Mower Norton Jr. (Marine Lieutenant, Environmental Lawyer, and Conservation Advocate)
- Mother – Lydia Robinson “Robin” (née Rouse) (English Teacher) (Died of brain tumor in 1997)
- Siblings – Molly Norton (Younger Sister), Jim Norton (Younger Brother)
- Others – James Rouse (Maternal Grandfather) (Entrepreneur, Founder of The Rouse Company and couple of others), Patty Rouse (Maternal Step-Grandmother)
Endeavor Talent Agency
6 ft or 183 cm
79 kg or 174 pounds
Girlfriend / Spouse
Edward Norton dated –
- Drew Barrymore (1996) – Everyone Says I Love You (1996) co-stars Drew Barrymore and Edward Norton were RUMORed to be dating in 1996.
- Courtney Love (1996-1999) – In 1996, Edward then started dating musician Courtney Love. They were also engaged following their romantic relationship. Edward was the one who helped Courtney deal with her depression due to her then husband’s death Kurt Cobain. But, this relationship also saw an end and the engagement was called off in 1999.
- Salma Hayek (1999-2003) – Edward and Mexican actress Salma Hayek were an item for 4 years from July 1999 to June 2003.
- Cameron Diaz (1999) – In August 1999, Norton was RUMORed to have hooked up with actress Cameron Diaz.
- Evan Rachel Wood (2004) – Down in the Valley co-stars Evan Rachel Wood and Edward Norton were RUMORed to have had a fling in March 2004.
- Brianna Bell (2005) – In 2005, Edward dated a girl named, Brianna Bell.
- Shauna Robertson (2005-Present) – Canadian film producer, Shauna Robertson and Edward started dating in 2005. They got engaged in 2011 after Shauna was proposed by Edward. In 2012, the couple got married and have one son Atlas (b. March 18, 2013).
Race / Ethnicity
Edward has English, Irish, German, and Scots-Irish (Northern Irish) ancestry.
- Different voice
- Often plays characters with dual personalities
Edward Norton’s body specifications may be –
- Chest – 40 in or 102 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 14.5 in or 37 cm
- Waist – 35 in or 89 cm
It is unknown.
Edward has appeared in commercials for Independent Film Channel (1998), Droid by Motorola (2013), etc.
Edward voiced the commercials for fantasy football website, DraftKings (2015), and Yokohama tyres.
He was seen in print ads for PRADA designer phone.
Norton was seen in PSA for The ONE Campaign.
Edward has also endorsed Verizon.
Best Known For
Playing Mike Shiner in the Birdman or (The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance) (2014).
Edward debuted with 1996 neo-noir crime-thriller film Primal Fear for his supporting role as Aaron Stampler / Roy. He was nominated for 4 awards as a supporting actor and won all the 4.
First TV Show
In 2000 and 2013, Edward voiced the role of Devon Bradley and Reverend Elijah Hooper in Fox’s animated sitcom The Simpsons in 2 episodes.
As an actor, Norton has appeared as himself in the pilot episode of Comedy Central’s short-lived TV series Stella in 2005.
To play Derek Vinyard in the American History X (1998) film, he underwent a circuit workout, which he performed three times a week targeting his full body. It was aimed to increase his muscular growth.
Here are 5 exercises which he did during each workout session –
- Chest Press – 3-5 sets; 3-8 reps
- Squats – 5 sets; 3-8 reps
- Military Press – 3 sets; 3-8 reps
- Pull-ups – 2-3 sets; 8-10 reps
- Hyperextensions (for back) – 1-2 sets; 15 reps each
Edward also ate protein-rich diet. Protein-rich diet also helps in shedding off excess fat.
Edward Norton Favorite Things
- Films – Ruggles of Red Gap (1935), The Cruise (1998), The King of Comedy (1982), Tampopo (1986), Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf (1966)
- Actors – Gabriel Garcia Marquez, Joseph Conrad, Ernest Hemingway, J.D. Salinger, Tom Wolfe
- Musicians – Radiohead, Elliott Smith, Red Hot Chili Peppers, R.E.M., Tom Waits
Source – IMDb, AceShowBiz
Edward Norton Facts
- In 1984, Edward won an acting cup when he went to Camp Pasquaney at Bristol, New Hampshire.
- In high school, he was classmates with Mark Levine (New York City Council member), and Robert Kolker (best selling author).
- Edward was a competitive rower while he was at Yale University.
- If Edward wasn’t an actor, he would definitely be a pilot.
- He is the oldest in his family out of three kids.
- Edward can speak Spanish and little bit French, apart from English.
- Edward also owns a private pilot license.
- Connect with Edward on Twitter and Facebook.