|Lim Young-woong Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||June 16, 1991|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Lim Young-woong is a South Korean singer, entertainer, and YouTuber who has released a studio album titled Im Hero (May 2022) that peaked at number 1 on the Circle Album Chart, a record chart ranking the 100 most popular albums, extended plays, and single albums in South Korea based on their sales. He also holds the record of being the first ‘trot’ artist ever to have received the ‘Gold Play Button’, for achieving the milestone of one million subscribers on his official YouTube channel.
Pocheon, Gyeonggi Province, South Korea
Lim Young-woong, after his high school graduation, joined the department of practical music at Kyungbok University located in Namyangju, a city in Gyeonggi Province.
Singer, Entertainer, YouTuber
- Mother – Lee Hyun-mi
- Others – Park Ok-joo (Grandmother)
Trot, Ballad, K-Pop
- Mulgogi Music
- New Era Project
- Starone Entertainment
- Ogam Entertainment
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Lim Young-woong has dated –
- Soyou (2023) – In July 2023, he was rumored to be dating singer Soyou. However, later that month, their agencies denied the rumors.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Korean descent.
- Lanky frame
- Slightly overgrown, center-parted, wavy hair
- Clean-shaven look
- Affable smile
Lim Young-woong Facts
- Lim Young-woong first came into the spotlight in 2012 when he stood 1st (out of 17,000 contestants) on the competitive reality TV show Mr. Trot, a popular program based on ‘trot’ (a genre of Korean music known for its use of repetitive rhythm and vocal inflections).
- Instead of excelling in ‘trot’, though, he had initially dreamed of being a ballad singer. He eventually discovered his talent as a ‘trot’ singer after winning the ‘Excellence Prize’ at a singing contest held in his home city of Pocheon.
- On Forbes magazine’s ‘Korea Power Celebrity 40’ list, an annual compilation of the 40 most powerful celebrities in South Korea ranked according to their professional achievements, media exposure, social media popularity, TV appearances, and earnings from the past year, Lim was ranked 5th in 2021 and 7th in 2022.
- Well-known and admired for his frequent philanthropic efforts, Lim, in March 2022, had donated ₩100 million to the Fruit of Love Social Welfare Community Chest to help the victims of a devastating wildfire that started in Uljin County, North Gyeongsang Province, and had spread to Samcheok-si, Gangwon-do.
- That same month, he also contributed ₩1 million to the February Good Han Star singing competition which had pledged to spend the amount on the treatment of patients suffering from pediatric leukemia, a cancer of the white blood cells that is the most common type of cancer in children and teens.
- His name means ‘Hero’ in Korean, earning him the nickname ‘Lim Hero’.
- In June 2022, he donated ₩1.2 million (that he had won in prize money from the May Song competition in Good Han Star) to a medical charity that helps to cover emergency medical expenses for children, especially those suffering from cancer or terminal diseases.
- In August 2022, he donated ₩2 million (that he had won in prize money from the July Song competition in Good Han Star) to the Emotional Support Program for Children, an organization that helps patients suffering from pediatric leukemia and their families.
Featured Image by Lim Young-woong / Instagram