|Linus Sebastian Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||August 20, 1986|
Linus Sebastian is a Canadian YouTuber, presenter, producer, and the founder of Linus Media Group. He is better known as the creator and owner of 4 YouTube channels, Linus Tech Tips, Techquickie, TechLinked, and Channel Super Fun.
Linus Gabriel Sebastian
Ladner, British Columbia, Canada
Surrey, British Columbia, Canada
YouTuber, Presenter, Producer, Advertising Personality
- Siblings – Asher, Emily (Sister), George (Brothers), Isabelle (Sister)
He self-manages himself.
6 ft 1 in or 185.5 cm
76 kg or 167.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Linus Sebastian has dated –
- Yvonne Ho (2011-Present) – Linus Sebastian married Yvonne Ho on May 20, 2011. The couple has one son and two daughters.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Canadian descent.
- Small Face
- Thin Lips
Linus Sebastian Favorite Things
- YouTubers – TotalBiscuit, Marques Brownlee, iJustine, Austin Evans
Source – Wikipedia
Linus Sebastian Facts
- He used to work as a manager in the now non-existing Canadian online computer store named NCIX. There, he worked as the host for the company’s technology channel created to help demonstrate products. Sebastian received help from a cameraman and an editor while utilizing the very limited resources he had on the table. The first video he hosted was a demonstration for a Sunbeam processor heatsink.
- On November 24, 2008, Linus Tech Tips was created. Given the high costs amidst low viewership, he was asked by the company to create Linus Tech Tips which appeared to be the cheaper substitute that would allow lower production costs. At that time, Sebastian considered TigerDirect and Newegg as the brand’s competitors. During his time with NCIX, he did not work full-time in creating videos as he was also working as a full-time sales rep, a product manager, a systems designer, and a category manager.
- His channel Linus Tech Tips has already amassed more than 10 million subscribers with over 4 billion combined views.
- In January 2013, he founded Linus Media Group alongside Luke Lafreniere, Edzel Yago, and Brandon Lee, and turned the Linus Tech Tips channel as an independent venture.
- Besides his main channel, he has also worked on Techquickie and Channel SuperFun.
- Linus Tech Tips released its first video on January 2, 2016, that garnered millions of views on the day it was uploaded. On Twitter, Sebastian wrote his warm “thank you” message to everyone who showed their support.
- In April 2018, a video was uploaded on the channel wherein Linus was seen talking about Apple’s refusal to repair his iMac Pro after it was damaged in a product teardown. Shortly after, VentureBeat dropped some speculations claiming that the act committed by the tech giant company, Apple, was considered illegal.
- A video streaming website called Floatplane was announced on the Linus Tech Tips forums in November 2016. It is a website that lets the viewers pay a channel for exclusive benefits such as being able to view the content earlier than on YouTube.
- On February 23, 2018, the alpha version of the website Floatplane was revealed through the weekly live stream done on Linus Tech Tips. The beta version of the website was launched in December 2019.
- In February 2014, he took part in donating funds and providing financial support to his fellow tech vlogger, Austin Evans, who lost his home and all of his possessions in a fire that occurred in late January 2014.
Featured Image by Linus Tech Tips / Instagram