|Liza Soberano Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||January 4, 1998|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Liza Soberano is a Filipino-American actress, singer, model, and endorser who is best known for portraying roles such as Mac in Wansapanataym: Mac Ulit-Ulit, Claire Raymundo in Kung Ako’y Iiwan Mo, Gillian in She’s The One, and Angel Gomez in Must Be… Love. She has also appeared in a variety of other TV shows and films such as My Ex and Whys, Everyday I Love You, Alone/Together, Maalaala Mo Kaya: Box, Got to Believe, Forevermore, Dolce Amore, Bagani, Make It with You, and many more. For her acting skills, Liza has been honored with several awards such as the GMMSF Box-Office Entertainment Award, PMPC Star Awards for Television, Box Office Entertainment Award, and FAMAS Award.
Hope Elizabeth Soberano
Santa Clara, California, U.S.
Liza finished her high school education from St. Patrick School of Quezon City in Metro Manila, Philippines.
She wanted to study Psychology in Senior Secondary grades to eventually go to law school but due to her professional commitments, she enrolled in an online business management course at Southville International School.
Since the school is affiliated to foreign universities, it allowed Soberano to study within a flexible schedule with the help of mentors and tutors under its INNOVE Education Solution program.
- Father – John Castillo Soberano (Actor)
- Mother – Jacqulyn Elizabeth Nguyen née Hanley
- Siblings – Justin David Soberano (Brother)
- Others – Nathaniel Larry Osorno (Younger Half Brother), Leilani Sue Elizabeth Osorno (Younger Half-Sister), Dustin David Nguyen (Younger Half Brother), Jaden Parker Nguyen (Younger Half Brother), Kaycee Logan Nguyen (Youngest Half-Sister), Rianne Love (Paternal Younger Half-Sister)
Tito Ogie Diaz, The Ogie Diaz Talents
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
53 kg or 117 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Liza has dated –
- Enrique Gil (2014–Present) – Liza met her fellow actor, Enrique on the sets of She’s the One (2013) in which she was cast in a supporting role. The two became close friends who not only continue to work together but also study and travel together as well. Liza turned 19 in January 2017 and it was heard that her grandparents disapprove of her being in a serious relationship at such a young age. Though Liza and Enrique dwindle between confirming and denying dating rumors, it is quite apparent that they are close. In July 2017 cover story of YES! Magazine, the two actors finally admitted to being in love. But during that same year, Enrique confessed that he is still waiting for the blessing and approval of Liza’s family. Moreover, in 2015, Liza revealed that her talent contract forbids her from having a boyfriend until she was 23.
Race / Ethnicity
She has a Filipino (Pangasinan) father and an American mother.
Maternally, her lineage is extremely diverse and includes a connection to Danish, English, French, Canadian, Irish, Scottish, Swiss, German and Welsh ancestry.
- Long face and neck
- Sharp nose and chin
33-24-34 in or 84-61-86 cm
2 (US) or 6 (UK) or 34 (EU)
8 (US) or 5.5 (UK) or 38.5 (EU)
Liza signed an endorsement deal with Maybelline in August 2016.
In June 2017, Campaign Asia remarked that Liza Soberano is the most popular celebrity endorser of the year. While other publications call her the princess of endorsements. To justify these titles, some of the brands she has endorsed so far are:
- Mega Tuna
- Unisilver jewelry
- Advance Paper
- Clean & Clear
- Freshlook Contact Lenses
- Bench’s Kashieca
- Techno Marine
- Comfit Shoes
- Vans Philippines
- Titus Pens
- Nails Glow
- Belo Medical Group
- Gaoc Dental
- Premena Salon
- Gold’s Gym Philippines
- Samsung Philippines
- Fujifilm Philippines
She converted to Roman Catholicism in July 2015.
Best Known For
- Having played the lead Maria Agnes Calay in Forevermore from 2014 to 2015, a romantic comedy TV show opposite Enrique Gil.
- A lead role as Serena Marchesa-Ibarra / Monica Urtola / Maricon Laurel in the TV series, Dolce Amore (2016) also showcased Liza’s acting prowess and made her popular among Filipino viewers.
Liza had a supporting role of Angel Gomez in the Filipino romantic comedy Must Be… Love (2013).
First TV Show
One episode appearance in the fantasy drama called Wansapanataym (Once Upon a Time) in 2011. Liza’s character name was Mac and the episode title was, Mac Ulit-Ulit.
In 2015, Liza Soberano started getting trained by celebrity fitness trainer, Bok Santos at Platinum Executive Fitness gym in New Manila, Quezon City.
All her workouts are usually based on strength training, conditioning, and functional fitness.
Her trainer took the intensity of her workouts to the next level in preparation for her action heroine role, Darna (2018). Liza wanted to avoid the help of a stunt double and perform all her own stunts on the big screen, hence her primary motive was to stay lean and strong.
She also likes to run and train in mixed martial arts.
Regarding diet, Liza is particularly fond of eating chili. To maintain healthy skin and hair, Liza consumes plenty of fruits and takes a Vitamin E & Biotin supplement. She also ensures adequate water intake to stay hydrated.
Liza Soberano Favorite Things
- Style Icon – Audrey Hepburn, Kendall Jenner, Gigi Hadid
- Maybelline Product – Creamy Matte Lipsticks
- Mascara – Great Lash Mascara
- Luxury Brand – Christian Dior
- Filipino Food – Sinigang
- Cuisine – Italian
- Flower – Daisy
- Song – Try by Colbie Caillat
- Bird – Eagle
- Foreign Country – Italy
- City – New York City
- Tree – Sequoia
- Cartoon Character – Scooby-Doo
Liza Soberano Facts
- At the age of 10, Liza moved to Manila to live with her father.
- Liza started print modeling at the age of 12.
- She was discovered by her manager Tito Ogie Diaz when she was 13.
- During her early teens, Liza could only speak English. She had to put in a lot of effort to become fluent in Tagalog that opened several professional opportunities for her.
- Justin Bieber follows Liza on Twitter.
- Liza likes to rap and sing songs in a low tone.
- Liza is extremely family-oriented and very selfless towards all her relatives.
- Enrique Gil thinks that the most independent thing Liza ever did was to buy her own house and gift her father a car.
- She shared on Twitter that one of her weird talents is to cross only one eye.
- For her 18th birthday, Liza made a contribution to 4 charities namely, Children Village Foundation, I Can Serve Foundation for breast cancer patients and survivors, ANawim Lay Mission Foundation for the poor, and Gentle Hands Foundation for the healing of marginalized children in crisis.
- In August 2015, Liza was included in The Philippine Star Lifestyle‘s “29 Most Bright & Beautiful” list.
- The 27th Annual Independent Critics List of the 100 Most Beautiful Faces 2016 placed Liza as the second most beautiful face in the world, second time in a row.
- In 2017, she stepped up to the #1 spot (from #2 in 2016) in The 100 Most Beautiful Faces list by TC Candler.
- She was listed as the “No.1 most admired woman in the Philippines” by YouGov in 2018.
Featured Image via Khendygirl / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 4.0