|Lodovica Comello Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7¾ in|
|Date of Birth||April 13, 1990|
Lodovica Comello is an Italian actress, singer, author, dancer, and TV host who earned herself global acknowledgment with her portrayal of Francesca in hit Argentinian telenovela titled Violetta from 2012 to 2015. She has been credited with many other films and shows such as Poveri ma ricchi (2016), Un Posto al Sole (2016), and El V-Log de Francesca (2012). Besides that, the Italian maestro has also amassed a huge fan buzz with the release of her hit albums as Universo (2013) and Mariposa (2015). She has also released various singles Non cadiamo mai (2016), Il cielo non mi basta (2017), Le mille bolle blu (2017), 50 Shades of Colours (2017), and Run (2018).
Amongst the many talents, she is also an author who has published her own book under the title Tutto il resto non conta: la musica, Buenos Aires, e un pollo al curry con chi dico io in 2015. Her successful career has also helped her amass a huge social media fan base with more than 3 million followers on Instagram, more than 50k followers on YouTube, more than 2 million followers on Twitter, and more than 3.5 million followers on Facebook.
San Daniele del Friuli, Italy
Lodovica completed her high school from the Istituto Statale Istruzione Superiore Vincenzo Manzini, situated in San Daniele del Friuli in 2008.
Later, she joined the M.A.S.: Music Arts & Show, Milan in 2009 and continued to study there until 2011. While studying there, she learned under the careful guidance of various professionals including Aldo Banfi, Fabrizio Bernasconi, Moreno del Signore, Sabrina Olivieri, Mauro Simone, Max Palermo, and Max Elli. Lodovica also attended singing lessons with Ilaria Siliotto.
She learned the guitar under the careful guidance of Rino Zignin.
Actress, Singer, Dancer, TV Host
- Father – Paolo Comello
- Mother – Anna Comello
- Siblings – Ilaria Comello (Older Sister). She also has 2 other siblings.
Lodovica is represented by MN Italia.
Vocals, Guitar, Piano
She has released her music with Walt Disney Records and Sony Music Entertainment Italia.
5 ft 7¾ in or 172 cm
55 kg or 121 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Lodovica Comello has dated –
- Diego Dominguez – In the past, she was said to have been dating her co-star Diego Dominguez. However, it seems as though their relationship did not make off-screen.
- Tomas Goldschmidt (2012-Present) – Argentinian television producer Tomas Goldschmidt and Lodovica Comello came in contact with one another for the first time on the set of Disney Channel’s hit show Violetta in 2012. The couple instantly clicked and began going on dates with each other. Nevertheless, they went on like that for 4 years and then on April 1, 2015, they finally tied the knot. Their wedding was held at San Daniele del Friuli’s city hall with the only a handful of people mostly consisting of family and close friends there to celebrate there special day.
Race / Ethnicity
- Plush lips
- Wide smile
- Upturned eye shape
- Lean physique
Through her social media, Lodovica has either endorsed or promoted various brands including –
- Pepsi Max
- Youth Milano
- Old Wild West
- Sky Uno
- Armani Beauty
Best Known For
- Being cast as Francesca Caviglia in Violetta from 2012 to 2015
- Hosting the reality show Italia’s Got Talent, Singing in the Car, and Kid’s Got Talent (2016-2017)
- The release of her albums Universo (2013) and Mariposa (2015)
- Releasing several singles Non cadiamo mai (2016), Run (2018), 50 Shades of Colours, (2017), Il cielo non mi basta, (2017), and Le mille bolle blu (2017)
- Working alongside many well-known stars like Christian De Sica, Enrico Brignano, Lucia Ocone, Clara Alonso, Martina Stoessel, and Mercedes Lambre
Lodovica released her debut studio album titled Universo on November 19, 2013. It was simultaneously released in Italy, Argentina, and Spain. The album featured a total of 9 tracks a few of which were the eponymous track which was released on November 1, 2013, as a promotional part for the album as well as Otro día más. It also included an English cover of the song I Only Want To Be With You. The music video for her 2nd song Otro día más was filmed in Barcelona and uploaded to her YouTube channel in March 2014. The album went on to further be ranked at #22nd place on the Italian music chart and at #12th on the Polish music chart.
Lodovica made her debut theatrical film appearance as Valentina in Poveri ma ricchi (Poor but rich in English) in 2016. She worked along with the likes of actor Christian De Sica, Enrico Brignano, Lucia Ocone, and many more.
She made her debut as a voice artist as the character of Britney in Monsters University in 2013. Lodovica had lent her vocals as a voice-over for the animated character.
First TV Show
Lodovica made her first TV show appearance as Francesca Caviglia in Disney’s hit series Violetta in 2012. The cast also included well-known celebrities like Argentinian actress and singer Clara Alonso, Martina Stoessel, Mercedes Lambre as well as Mexican actor and singer, Jorge Blanco. Also starring in the show were Spanish actor and singer Pablo Espinosa and Diego Domínguez.
Lodovica Comello Favorite Things
- Food – Italian pizza
- Color – Yellow
- Actor – Johnny Depp
Source – ask.fm
Lodovica Comello Facts
- She was raised in the commune of San Daniele del Friuli.
- Lodovica was in grade 6 when she had her first kiss.
- During her younger days, Lodovica feared the sight of clowns.
- At the age of 7, she got hooked on to dancing and never stopped ever since.
- Lodovica was very young when her parents started to notice her interest in music and at the age of 8, they enrolled her for guitar lessons. Later, she went on to study music theory during her high school years along with taking part in dance competitions. She also appeared in her school’s theatre productions.
- Comello’s writing skills once earned a trip to Austria while she was still in school.
- While attending the M.A.S, she was cast in an Italian tour titled Il Mondo di Patty. It was an Italian version of the Argentinian tv-series Patito Feo. During the same time, she worked as a backup vocalist for Argentinian singer, model, actress, and dancer Brenda Asnicar.
- During 2012, while shooting Violetta, she simultaneously appeared on Disney’s short web series El V-Log de Francesca.
- She started her self-titled YouTube channel on July 18, 2013. Later, on November 4, 2013, her official eponymous Vevo channel was created.
- After the release of her first album Universo in 2013, Lodovica had announced in May 2014, that she would be going on a world tour during the year 2015.
- She had relocated to Buenos Aries in mid-2011 to commence with the shooting of Violetta and 3 years later on November 2014, at the end of the series, Lodovica shifted back to Milan.
- In Violetta, her character was the best friend of the titular character which was played by actress Martina Stoessel.
- It was until she was cast in the show that, she started to learn to speak in Spanish completely.
- Lodovica has done the Italian voice-over for 2 of Disney’s hit animated films Monsters University (2013) and Inside Out (2015).
- Comello began writing her 2nd studio album in 2014. It is said that she would commence with the writing while on break times in between shots and during her free time she started recording songs.
- On January 24, 2015, she spoke about her upcoming 2nd studio album titled Mariposa (Butterfly in English) and a month later on February 3, 2015, it was released. It was compiled of a total of 12 songs in 3 different languages, English, Spanish, and Italian. The album was ranked at #13 on the Italian music chart and at #12th place on the Polish music chart.
- In 2017, she was featured in a recurring role in Poveri ma ricchissimi, which is the sequel to her debut film Poveri ma ricchi (2016).
- She competed on the most popular song contest in Italy, the Sanremo Music Festival in 2017. However, she was eliminated at 12th place amongst the 16 finalists that were chosen to compete for a chance to represent Italy at the Eurovision 2017.
- Besides her own songs, Lodovica has also contributed to the release of the various soundtrack album and EP’s such as Violetta (2012), Cantar es lo que soy (2012), Hoy somos más (2013), Gira mi canción (2014), Gira mi canción (2015).
- Lodovica’s female best friend is actress and singer Alba Rico. Whereas, her male best friend is actor and singer Ruggero Pasquarelli.
- To her fans, Lodovica is known as “Comellistas.”
- Despite being an Italian by birth, she dislikes the taste of cheese.
- Lodovica is obsessed with candies.
- The genres that she listens to the most are rock and pop.
- Lodovica considers friendship to be one of the most important things in her life.
- Visit her official website @ lodovicacomello.it.
- Follow her on Instagram, YouTube, YouTube VEVO, Facebook, and Twitter.
Featured Image By Lodovica Comello / Instagram