|Louise Brealey Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||March 27, 1979|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Louise Brealey is an English actress, writer, and journalist who is best known for playing the role of a student nurse as Roxanne Bird in Casualty in 95 episodes. She has also been seen as Molly Hooper in the crime drama series Sherlock. She has authored a book named Charming Small Hotel Guides Spain: Stylish City Hotels, Captivating Country Hotels, Inns and Other Places to Stay. She is active on Twitter having more than 300k followers.
Bozeat, Northamptonshire, England, United Kingdom
London, England, United Kingdom
Louise studied at the Kimbolton School, in rural Huntingdonshire. She also attended the University of Cambridge in England, where she took a course in History.
Later, she studied under the guidance of a clown teacher Philippe Gaulier at the Lee Strasberg Institute in New York City.
Actress, Writer, Journalist
- Siblings – Karl (Brother)
- Others – Phil Davis (Grandfather)
Louise Brealey is represented by United Agents Ltd.
5 ft 3 in or 160 cm
52 kg or 114.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Louise has rarely spoken about her personal life in public which makes it difficult for us to ascertain anything about her dating history and love life.
Race / Ethnicity
She prefers to dye her hair ‘blonde’.
- Pretty face
- Pointed Nose
In an interview with Radio Times, she said this while being asked for her religious views –
“Atheist who likes churches.”
Best Known For
- Playing the role of Roxanne Bird in BBC’s medical drama series Casualty
- Portraying the character of Sally in thriller film Containment in 2015 and for the same, she was awarded the “Best Supporting Actress in a Feature TV Show”, at the Southampton International Film Festival
In 2010, Louise Brealey made her theatrical film debut with the role of Miri Rubins in comedy-drama film Reuniting the Rubins.
First TV Show
In 2002, she made her first TV show appearance as nurse Roxy Bird in the medical drama series Casualty.
She follows yoga and exercises regularly.
Louise Brealey Favorite Things
- Food – Crusha Raspberry Milkshake, Pork Escalope, Saponara Pizza
- Restaurants – New Piccadilly Café in Denman Street, Saponara off Essex Road
- Hero – Jo in Little Women
- Brands – Uniqlo, Clarks, Peckham
- Herbal Oil – G Baldwin & Co in Walworth
- Pub – The Ivy House in Nunhead
- Play – Dara at the National Theatre
- Book – In the Orchard, the Swallows (By Peter Hobbs), East of Eden (By John Steinbeck), Moominvalley in November (By Tove Jansson)
- TV Series – Twin Peaks
- Nuts – Pistachio
- Quote – Happiness is a Choice
- Sports – Football
- Timepass – Practice guitar
- Movie – A Wonderful Life
- Bands – PULP, Richard Hawley, The Heartbreaks
- Fruit – Mangoes
- City – Rome
- Songs – Something Changed, Babies
- Place – Scotland
- Celebrity – Plan B (Musician)
- Cocktail – Dark Rum and Coke
- Sweet – Marshmallows, Dark Chocolates
Source – Standard, Whats On Stage, Radio Times
Louise Brealey Facts
- Before playing the character of Snow White in a school play, she was curious to know who would be her Prince Charming.
- She has served as the editor of Anarchy and Alchemy: The Films of Alejandro Jodorowsky (Creation Books, 2007).
- In 2013, Louise appeared in her first-ever play titled Pope Joan shown at National Youth Theatre.
- A popular children’s comedy-drama for BBC 2, named, The Charles Dickens Show, was produced, co-wrote and co-starred by her in 2012.
- In the audiobook version of the novel “The Girl on The Train” by Paula Hawkins, Louise gave her voice to the character of Megan Hipwell. For that, she later won the 2016 Audie Award for Audiobook of the Year.
- Jennifer Lawrence is a person she adores a lot.
- She is afraid of balloons.
- Louise has a pet dog named, Roger. She previously had a pet dog named, Woody.
- Visit her official website @ louisebrealey.com.
Featured Image by Bansheeben / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 3.0