Hammersmith, London, England
West Hollywood, California, United States
Lucy Punch went to the Godolphin School, which is a private school in Salisbury. She later got enrolled at the Latymer Upper School in London.
Post that, she went to the University College London to study history. However, she decided to halt her college education to pursue an acting career.
- Father – Michael Punch (Operated Market Research Company)
- Mother – Johanna Punch
- Siblings – Tom Punch (Brother) (Worked in advertising in New York City)
Lucy Punch is represented by MGMT Entertainment.
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
59 kg or 130 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Lucy Punch has dated
- James D’Arcy (2002-2007) – Lucy Punch started dating actor James D’Arcy in 2002. They had grown close while shooting for the television movie, Come Together. They were together for nearly 5 years before breaking up due to unspecified reasons.
Note – In July 2015, she gave birth to her first son, Rex. The identity of his father isn’t known.
Race / Ethnicity
36-27-36 in or 91.5-68.5-91.5 cm
8 (US) or 38 (EU)
9 (US) or 39.5 (EU)
Lucy hasn’t done endorsement work for any brand.
Her religious views aren’t known.
Best Known For
- Being cast in a negative role of Amy Squirrel in the comedy movie, Bad Teacher (2011).
- Having played the lead role in the British romantic comedy movie, Are You Ready for Love? (2006) which helped her bag the best actress award at Monaco Film Festival.
In 2000, she made her first film appearance in a supporting role in the comedy movie, Greenfingers.
First TV Show
In 1998, Lucy made her TV show debut in Orphans episode of fantasy series, The New Adventures of Robin Hood.
Lucy Punch isn’t too enamored with Hollywood skinny trend. She refuses to allow fitness routines and diet trends to take over her life. To put it simply, she likes to have a burger, sip red wine and gorge on chocolate whenever she likes.
However, she once made an exception for Woody Allen’s You Will Meet a Tall Dark Stranger. With above five weeks left at the start of the shooting, she literally spat her burger out and borrowed trainers from her friend to start her preparation. However, still, instead of heading to the gym, she signed up for The Bar Method, which is essentially a ballet fitness routine.
Lucy Punch Favorite Things
- Acting Heroes – Samantha Morton, Bill Murray, Catherine Keener, Gene Wilder, Gena Rowlands, Frances McDormand, Danny McBride, Christopher Walken, Judi Dench, Philip Seymor Hoffman, Kevin Spacey, Maggie Smith, and Meryl Streep
- The line in the Play – I love horses. The smell. The way they can take a shit and keep on walking.
- Post Show Hangout Spot in London – Groucho’s
- Best Advice – Eat coconuts while you have teeth.
Source – What’s On Stage
Lucy Punch Facts
- Prior to bagging her role in Woody Allen’s You Will Meet a Tall Dark Stranger, she hadn’t worked for a year. Her mother had suggested that she should start teaching TEFL courses in Spain.
- She initially lost the role of Charmaine in You Will Meet a Tall Dark Stranger to Nicole Kidman. After the Australian actress pulled herself out due to a schedule conflict, Lucy aced new auditions to grab the role.
- In 2010, Variety magazine included her in the list featuring “Top Ten Actors to Watch”.
- Lucy fell in love with acting while performing in various school plays.
- Lucy didn’t get to meet director Woody Allen until the wardrobe fitting for the romantic comedy movie. All stages of her audition were done by videos.
- At the age of 16, she became a member of the National Youth Theatre of Great Britain.
- In 2006, the European Film Promotion magazine included her in the list of European Film’s Shooting Stars.
- She likes to go out for hiking and to LA beaches in her free time.
- She doesn’t have any official social media account.