|Luna Bijl Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||February 4, 1998|
Luna Bijl is a Dutch model who is best known for walking for several designers such as Marc Jacobs, Michael Kors, Stella McCartney, and Moncler Gamme Rouge. She is also known for her appearances in ad campaigns for high-end brands like Emporio Armani, Chanel, H&M, and Tom Ford Beauty. Luna has graced the cover of some of the most anticipated magazines like Vogue, M Le Monde, and Purple Fashion. She also has a huge fan base with more than 200k followers on Instagram.
Luna is represented by –
- Premier Model Management – London (Mother Agency)
- DNA Models – New York
- Oui Management – Paris
- Monster Management – Milan
- Freedom Models – Los Angeles
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
55 kg or 121 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
9.5 (US) or 40 (EU) or 7 (UK)
Luna has done endorsement work for several brands such as Chanel, Tom Ford Beauty, Karl Lagerfeld, Chanel Eyewear, Diane Von Furstenberg, Chloe, Hugo Boss, H&M, Emporio Armani, Joseph, TWIN-SET Simona Barbieri, Express, Mango, Emporio Armani Eyewear, FRAME, Fendi, Net-A-Porter, Louis Vuitton, Joseph, Zara, and many more.
Best Known For
- Modeling for several well-recognized designers like Karl Lagerfeld, Marc Jacobs, Michael Kors, Alexander Wang, and Stella McCartney
- Walking the ramp for many high-end brands such as Miu Miu, Chloe, Tommy Hilfiger, Ralph Lauren, and Louis Vuitton
- Appearing in several ad campaigns for brands such as Chanel, Tom Ford Beauty, Karl Lagerfeld, Chanel, Chanel Eyewear, Zara, and many more
First Fashion Show
Luna made her fashion show debut at the Ready to Wear – Spring/Summer 2008 fashion week in Paris. She walked for designers Isabel Marant and Moncler Gamme Rouge.
First TV Show
Luna made her first TV show appearance in the New York Fashion Week – Spring 2016 episode of Fashion Police in 2016.
Luna has personal trainers based in Paris, New York, and the Netherland as she prefers to work out whenever and wherever she can.
Her workout routine consists of regular kickboxing practice which is strengthening, defensive, and intense cardio exercise. She goes to the gym on a regular basis where she focuses on interval training to burn the maximum amount of fat.
She also prefers to do simple yet effective outdoor cardio activities like running and going mountain biking. These exercises are a great way to strengthen, tone, and condition lower as well as abdominal muscles. Luna also prefers to take the stairs instead of the elevator.
Her diet is not based on a forceful plan, instead, she prefers not to fight her cravings or starve herself. She also loves to eat fatty food such as cakes and cheese in moderation.
Luna Bijl Favorite Things
- Food – Rosti and potato with melted cheese and ham
- Drink – Fresh strawberry lemonade
- Season – Summer
- Designer – Isabel Marant
Luna Bijl Facts
- She was raised by her father in the countryside of Holland and was quite tomboyish. Later, she moved to New York at the age of 17, where she lived with 5 other girls in an apartment built for models.
- Growing up, she had a dog named Diesel.
- Luna was 15 years old when she signed to Premier Model Management (London).
- In 2016, she became the 1st model to have graced to the cover of Vogue Paris twice in a single year.
- Luna’s father had also been a motocross rider ever since he got onto a bike. Like her father, she also started racing at the age of 12 in quad cross competitions and later went on to compete in motocross races. When she and her father are together, they take to the tracks in Portugal.
- She seeks modeling inspiration from Brazilian supermodel Gisele Bündchen.
- Luna’s leisure activity starts with going for a swim followed by a hearty barbecue get-together with friends. However, when she is alone, Luna enjoys watching YouTubers vlogging about their daily travel and lifestyle.
- She is very passionate about photography and tries to make sure that her shots are taken with precision and perfection.
- When in Amsterdam, she loves to eat at the De Kas restaurant.
- Not many people know this about Luna, but she loves to dance, listen to music, and collect fluffy toys especially animals.
- Her guilty pleasure is a Swiss dish Rosti.
- Her beauty routine begins with contour for the cheekbones followed by highlights. Then, she brushes her eyebrows and curls her lashes.
- In 2018, she worked with British fashion photographer for the cover of Vogue Paris.
- She has a huge collection of sneakers from several brands like Nike Air Max, Nike Jordan, Reeboks etc.
- Luna prefers to stay away from unhealthy distractions like smoking, drinking, and going clubbing.
- In January 2019, Luna was ranked on models.com‘s “Top 50 Models” list.
- In the past, she was also placed on models.com‘s “The Hot List”.
- Luna is a trained kickboxer.
- Follow her on Instagram.
Featured Image by Luna Bijl / Instagram