|M. Pokora Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10.75 in|
|Date of Birth||September 26, 1985|
M. Pokora aka Matt Pokora is a French singer and songwriter who shot to fame as a member of the bands MC Unity and Linkup after which he gained further popularity for his hit solo singles including It’s Alright (2006). He has released several studio albums like My Way (2016) that had topped the French Album Charts. M. Pokora had branched out into acting in 2013, playing Robin Hood in the comedy musical titled Robin des Bois. He is the recipient of a number of awards such as the Eska Music Awards for “Best pop artist of the year” in 2009.
He went to an elementary school in Hohberg. After that, he attended Collège Paul-Émile Victor in Mundolsheim, and Lycée Aristide Briand in Schiltigheim near Strasbourg.
Singer-Songwriter, Dancer, Actor, Businessman
- Father – André Tota (Footballer)
- Mother – Brigitte Tarz
He is represented by AS Talents.
R&B, Pop, Hip Hop, Crunk
- EMI France
- Universal Music France
5 ft 10.75 in or 180 cm
76 kg or 167.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
He has dated –
- Sofia Boutella (2008) – He began dating dancer, model, and actress Sofia in 2008. However, not much is known about their relationship.
- Christina Milian (2017-Present) – He started dating American actress, singer, and songwriter Christina Milian in August 2017. They have a son together named Isaiah (b. January 2020).
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Polish and French descent.
He often tends to dye his hair in different shades.
- Mustache and beard
- Tattoos all over his body such as Chinese calligraphy on his left shoulder standing for “Creativity”, “Peace” and “Patience” surrounded by a dragon, and a star-flower near his left ear
M. Pokora Favorite Things
- Fan Of – Football, having himself dreamed of a professional football career early on, only later having opted for music
- Supporter Of – French football club Olympique de Marseille, having participated in many football events
- Close Friend – Djibril Cissé
- Passion – Charity causes especially HIV/AIDS and children charities
Source – Wikipedia
M. Pokora Facts
- His parents divorced when he was the age of 13. However, he had kept contact with his father, who had actively supported him.
- He had selected his stage name “Pokora” after knowing it signifies “humility” in Polish.
- Pokora’s autobiographical song Sur ma route from his album MP3 (2008) deals with his experiences as a child brought up in a broken home.
- Amongst his numerous tattoos, the letter “X” on his right wrist has signified brotherhood and friendship, as a tribute to his friend Djibril Cissé, who has had the habit of making the X sign with his arms every time he has scored in his football matches.
Featured Image by Matt Pokora / Instagram