|Sofia Boutella Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||April 3, 1982|
Sofia Boutella is a dancer known for performing in various concerts and music videos of popular artists. She is also an actress and has appeared in various TV shows and films like StreetDance 2, Kingsman: The Secret Service, Star Trek Beyond, and The Mummy. She has done endorsement work for popular brands like Nike, Puma, and Reebok. Sofia has a mild social media fan base with more than 300k followers on Instagram and more than 100k followers on Twitter.
Bab El Oued, Algiers, Algeria
Sofia is a graduate of the Berklee College of Music in Boston, Massachusetts.
Dancer, Model, Actress
- Father – Safy Boutella (Jazz Musician)
- Mother – Her mother is an architect and painter.
- Siblings – Seif Boutella (Brother) (Visual Effects Artist)
Sofia is represented by the Paris-based Agents Associés – Suzy Vatinet.
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
54 kg or 119 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Sofia has dated –
- M. Pokora (2008) – French singer M. Pokora and Sofia were dating in 2008. However, not much is known about their relationship.
- Robert Sheehan (2014-2018) – Sofia met Irish actor Robert Sheehan while filming the independent film Jet Trash in Goa, India in 2014. Romance blossomed soon between the co-stars and their relationship became known when co-star Jonathan Rhys Meyers’s fiancée Mara Lane posted a snap of the two calling Sofia his lady love. They were going steady for a couple of years and in an interview in 2017, Robert confirmed that the two were dating. They broke up in 2018.
- Chris Pine (2017) – Rumors of Sofia dating her co-star from Star Trek Beyond, Chris Pine began doing the rounds in 2017. Apparently, they attended the Coachella music festival together in April 2017, looking smitten with each other and holding hands. However, this was a short-lived relationship.
Race / Ethnicity
She has Algerian ancestry.
- Often spotted with a septum ring
- Thick eyebrows
- Dimpled chin
Sofia has done endorsement work for the following brands –
Best Known For
In 2002, she made her theatrical film debut as Samia in Dance Challenge.
First TV Show
She made her first appearance on a TV show in 2004 as Maya in the Temps Mort episode of the crime drama series Les Cordier, juge et flic. However, her role on the show was uncredited.
Her first credited role was in 2007 on the reality show Supermodelo 2006 as herself.
For her role in the film Kingsman: The Secret Service, Sofia trained in Taekwondo every day for 3 months. Also, while touring with Madonna, she used to indulge in Pilates every day.
According to her, Madonna had a big influence on her healthy lifestyle. To maintain her strength and endurance levels, she does resistance and 80s style aerobics workouts that focus on her legs. She also eats a healthy diet and limits her alcohol consumption to one drink, as opposed to getting wasted, when out with friends.
Sofia Boutella Favorite Things
- James Bond Actor – Sean Connery
- Skincare Brand – La Roche-Posay, Homeoplasmine
- Beauty Products – Elemis Pro-Collagen Hydra-Gel Eye Masks, Intraceuticals oxygen treatments
Sofia Boutella Facts
- In 1992, she left Algeria during the civil war with her family and settled in France at the age of 10. She studied rhythmic gymnastics in France and was a part of the French National Team as an 18-year-old.
- She began taking ballet dance classes at the age of 5.
- As a hip-hop and street dancer, she became a part of the group Vagabond Crew. Her group won the International breakdancing competition ‘Battle of the Year’ in 2006.
- She started taking dance training from choreographer Blanca Li since the age of 17.
- She has won several dance championships like the Freestyle championship in Los Angeles and the breakdance championship at St. Denis in Paris.
- She managed to impress Michael Jackson with her dancing skills and was offered a spot on his This Is It Tour. Although it never materialized due to Jackson’s untimely death in 2009. However, she did appear as the lead in the music video for his single Hollywood Tonight which was released posthumously in 2011.
- She frequently collaborated with Madonna and the Like a Virgin star’s 2012 Superbowl XLVI halftime show was the last time she performed as a professional dancer. She decided to quit a prolific career in dancing to focus on being a full-time actor.
- Sofia was honored at CinemaCon in 2017 with the Female Rising Star of Tomorrow award.
- She has appeared in the music videos for Madonna, Rihanna, Usher, and Ne-Yo.
- Follow her on Instagram and Twitter.
Featured Image by Eva Rinaldi / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0